It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank you moonshineshadow for keeping up with this giveaway thread.

Thank you Big_Stupid for donating the games you have - very cool :)
Post edited May 14, 2016 by wanderer_27
I would like to play Banner Saga 2, The - Deluxe Edition, thank you.
high rated
GR00T said "I Am Groot!!" which, as you all easily figured out, stands for "I'd love to continue the Banner Saga!".

GR00T's Wishlist is not public, but I know from the exchanges we had in the related threads that he'd love to play Banner Saga 2, The, I just don't know which edition he'd prefer, so perhaps our lovely host could offer him the choice?
Thank you moonshineshadow for this giveaway and thanks to jimbob0i0 for donating the game neverwinter nights diamond. Never managed to get the game and i never played it, this changes now.
mrkgnao: Downcounting from eight to one, I'd like to nominate:

Impaler26 for Jagged Alliance
Thanks for the nomination! :)
mrkgnao: Downcounting from eight to one, I'd like to nominate:

Celton88 for Sam & Max Hit the Road
wanderer_27 for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn
Impaler26 for Jagged Alliance
andysheets1975 for X-COM: Apocalypse
park_84 for Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
mrcrispy83 for Legend of Kyrandia: Malcolm's Revenge, The (Book Three)
Ritualisto for Stronghold HD
Casval_Deikun for Rise of the Triad (2013)
Thank you! And thank you to Big_Stupid and Moonshineshadow, as always :)
Painted_Doll: I'm sorry , i wanted to request Men of Valor but it's not on the list .
moonshineshadow: Uh... then why post? This makes no sense o.O
i think he/she is hoping that someone will donate it
moonshineshadow: Uh... then why post? This makes no sense o.O
Vyraexii: i think he/she is hoping that someone will donate it
There is this though which might give you a better chance :-) https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_gog_community_gifting_thread
Post edited May 15, 2016 by cecil
I'd like to nominate Fuin for Banner Saga 2 Deluxe
https://www.gog.com/u/Fuin/wishlist
Thanks again mrkgnao and mchack.

Geralt_of_Rivia: I'd like to nominate drealmer7 for Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption since he hasn't played it yet but is interested in the game.
drealmer7: Hey, thanks for the consideration, but I got Metro 2033 Redux this month from this GA! I can't believe I was so confused about the order of the games, I probably would have been able to get it last time it was on sale (if I remember correctly) had I realized it came first. Certainly no rush for it anyway (though I imagine I'll start playing it immediately once I do get it - there's a severe lack of quality vampire stuff out there and the idea of such makes my mouth water - for BLOOD! I've been into vampires since I was 9 years old [loved to be one for halloween!], but I think I can count the number of good vampire things that I've encountered through life on 1 hand, and that is sad.)

Anyone have any good vampire book, movie, and/or game recommendations? I tried reading an Anne Rice novel ages ago, but didn't like her writing style. I could be convinced to give her another try, but I'd prefer something less mainstream/well known, if anyone has any.
There's Shiki I guess, if you don't mind the ridiculous hair.
Geralt_of_Rivia: I'd like to nominate drealmer7 for Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption since he hasn't played it yet but is interested in the game.
drealmer7: Hey, thanks for the consideration, but I got Metro 2033 Redux this month from this GA! I can't believe I was so confused about the order of the games, I probably would have been able to get it last time it was on sale (if I remember correctly) had I realized it came first. Certainly no rush for it anyway (though I imagine I'll start playing it immediately once I do get it - there's a severe lack of quality vampire stuff out there and the idea of such makes my mouth water - for BLOOD! I've been into vampires since I was 9 years old [loved to be one for halloween!], but I think I can count the number of good vampire things that I've encountered through life on 1 hand, and that is sad.)

Anyone have any good vampire book, movie, and/or game recommendations? I tried reading an Anne Rice novel ages ago, but didn't like her writing style. I could be convinced to give her another try, but I'd prefer something less mainstream/well known, if anyone has any.
I checked the giftees list before and you weren't on it but you are now. It seems the list just wasn't up to date.

I apologize to everyone else for offtopic. If you are not interested in vampire games and movies there is nothing to see for you here. Please move along.

There aren't many good vampire games beside the two VtM games on PC. I can recommend the Legacy of Kain/Soulreaver series on PC even though they don't follow standard vampire lore too closely. I also like Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 1, 2 and Mirror of Fate though I don't think they are available DRM-free and you don't play a vampire in all of these games. Other than that I don't remember any good vampire games.

If you have a PS1 (or don't mind using emulators) also try getting Castlevania - Symphony of the Night. That's also a great game and considered a true classic.

When it comes to movies I'd say the best vampire movie I know is Interview with the Vampire. The Blade and the Underworld movies are also fun and well worth watching but are more about struggles between humans, vampires and werewolves and don't concentrate on vampires. The Fright Night movies are also good (the old ones as well as the remakes).

If you want to see some more modern movies that offer a new take on the genre try the following movies: Byzantium, Let the right one in, Dracula Untold, Afflicted and Daybreakers. And stay far away from the Twilight movies!

There are also some good TV series about vampires. A classic that should not be missed is Forever Knight. But there are also some newer series that should not be missed.

True Blood is absolutely a must see for all vampire fans even though the last season wasn't as good as the others and ended on a real WTF. I guess the producers ran out of money and wanted to wrap up the story fast which is pretty sad. :-( Still an awesome series. And don't let yourself be confused by the love affair that goes on between the leads. While their love is a recurring theme in this series the series is not a love story like Twilight! Warning! True Blood is not for the squeamish or faint of heart! There is lots of blood, gore and sex in this series.

Also highly recommended is The Strain. I don't want to spoil this one too much, just watch it!
Post edited May 15, 2016 by Geralt_of_Rivia
Geralt_of_Rivia: I checked the giftees list before and you weren't on it but you are now. It seems the list just wasn't up to date.
drealmer has been on the list since beginning of May (02. if you want to know the exact date)...
Geralt_of_Rivia: I checked the giftees list before and you weren't on it but you are now. It seems the list just wasn't up to date.
moonshineshadow: drealmer has been on the list since beginning of May (02. if you want to know the exact date)...
Strange. I have checked and haven't seen him. Well, it's possible that I simply overlooked him...
drealmer7:
Geralt_of_Rivia:
[off topic too]
True Blood being recommended? Hm... I barely lasted the first season, struggling at that.
But while we're on the VtM theme, did you know there was a TV series sort inspired by the lore? Kindred: The Embraced was the name. Don't expect too much, and just 8 episodes, but it's there.

As for books... Anne Rice's did pretty much define vampires for me, or mainly Lestat as a character did. Wasn't keen on Interview..., but then The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned and Memnoch the Devil (so and so with Tale of the Body Thief, different sort of thing), oh yeah. Then rather dropped, Blood and Gold was pretty nice again, and then surprisingly this new one, Prince Lestat, if you go into it with the right expectations, and also taking into account that it's essentially Queen 2, mostly based on that and taking into account and mentioning the important events of Tale, Memnoch, Armand, Blood and Gold and Pandora, ignoring Merrick, Blackwood Farm, Blood Canticle and Vittorio as it well should.
Besides that, last year I happened to read GRR Martin's Fevre Dream. Can definitely give it a go.
Non-mainstream good ones... Can't really say right now. Happened to read a couple others many years ago, but weren't good, and there may be a couple of others, depending on exactly how you define vampire, but I'd need to think hard going way back again.
low rated
If I am eligible then I would like to ask for Subterrain.
Thank you :)