It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cecil: I'd like to nominate Fuin for Banner Saga 2 Deluxe
https://www.gog.com/u/Fuin/wishlist
Thanks for the nomination, Cecil, much appreciated. Also many thanks to DampSquib for the generous gift and to Moonshineshadow for being our host and organizer. :)
I'll take it for a spin as soon as possible. (Will also need to replay the first part.)
mrkgnao: I'd like to nominate:

Piranjade for Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
mothwentbad for Dustforce DX
Andremop for Tex Murphy: Mean Streets + Martian Memorandum
Thanks, and I'm told that code was donated by Big_Stupid.

Dustforce was on my wishlist but I wasn't quite convinced I should buy it. One less financial decision!
I'd like to nominate:

<span class="bold">zeffyr</span> for The Swapper.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: - IAmSinistar steps into the shoes of Passepartout and spend 80 Days to help Phileas Fogg win the bet.
Much ta for this my friend! Thanks as well to <span class="bold">Doc0075</span> for donating the game. And of course thanks to moonshineshadow for keeping it going!
Wow, I just received a copy of Baldur's Gate! Big thanks to amrit9037 for donating the game and mrkgnao for nominating me! As always, thanks to moonshineshadow for running this thing!
TheSaint54: [...] "relieve stress with".
Want to relieve some stress? Check out Anno 1404 (play in sandbox mode, just for the sake of building stuff and watching the little people getting on with their lives while you're listening to the great soundtrack).
astroclay: Wow, I just received a copy of Baldur's Gate! Big thanks to amrit9037 for donating the game and mrkgnao for nominating me! As always, thanks to moonshineshadow for running this thing!
You're welcome.
Now mod it till it crash. ;)
High Five!!!
Cavalary: [off topic too]
True Blood being recommended? Hm... I barely lasted the first season, struggling at that.
But while we're on the VtM theme, did you know there was a TV series sort inspired by the lore? Kindred: The Embraced was the name. Don't expect too much, and just 8 episodes, but it's there.
As I've already said, most people I have talked to who don't like True Blood reduce the series to the love story which actually only plays a small part in the whole story. There's a reason why the series was rated higher than 9.5 on IMDB while it was at its best and even today after the mediocre last season and the catastrophic ending it is still rated 8.0. The books the series is based on have also won awards, are high rated on Amazon and are on the bestseller list.

You should at least watch the first three seasons before forming a final opinion on the series.

I have also seen Kindred: The Embraced when the series premiered here on TV and later bought the US DVD. I thought it was actually pretty good even if they didn't follow the VtM lore perfectly. Too bad the actor of the lead character died soon after finishing season 1 and the studio gave up any plans on continuing this series because of this.
Geralt_of_Rivia: You should at least watch the first three seasons before forming a final opinion on the series.
I forced myself through the 5th season and thought it was bad from the beginning and got worse (all the way to horrible.) Horrible writing, horrible ideas, horrible execution, horrible acting (the main character being the worst of them all!) Ultimately I was like "AHHH, stop wasting your time, it's not ever going to get interesting or better!"

I also find Interview with a Vampire movie to be pretty damn bad (despite okay performances from 4 excellent actors.)

When I get some more time I was going to respond more to you via PM (as to not clog the thread with the convo.), Cavalary too. For now, know that I very much appreciate your feedback and input.
TheSaint54: [...] "relieve stress with".
Vythonaut: Want to relieve some stress? Check out Anno 1404 (play in sandbox mode, just for the sake of building stuff and watching the little people getting on with their lives while you're listening to the great soundtrack).
Thanks for the recommendation. I will check out Anno 1404 when I get an opportunity. Terraria has my interest so far.. just trying to figure out how everything works is intriguing.

May have to check-out the wiki.

Thanks again
Geralt_of_Rivia: As I've already said, most people I have talked to who don't like True Blood reduce the series to the love story which actually only plays a small part in the whole story. There's a reason why the series was rated higher than 9.5 on IMDB while it was at its best and even today after the mediocre last season and the catastrophic ending it is still rated 8.0. The books the series is based on have also won awards, are high rated on Amazon and are on the bestseller list.

You should at least watch the first three seasons before forming a final opinion on the series.
I think the high ratings are due to its dedicated cult following, not any broader appeal. Personally I enjoyed S1, got through S2 (liked some of it, thought a lot was silly) and then S3 just totally jumped the shark.

Heck, 'The Flash' has an 8.2 rating and that show is turrrrible. Occasionally charmingly terrible, but no way in God's Green Earth is it an 8.2
Geralt_of_Rivia: As I've already said, most people I have talked to who don't like True Blood reduce the series to the love story which actually only plays a small part in the whole story. There's a reason why the series was rated higher than 9.5 on IMDB while it was at its best and even today after the mediocre last season and the catastrophic ending it is still rated 8.0. The books the series is based on have also won awards, are high rated on Amazon and are on the bestseller list.

bler144: I think the high ratings are due to its dedicated cult following, not any broader appeal. Personally I enjoyed S1, got through S2 (liked some of it, thought a lot was silly) and then S3 just totally jumped the shark.

Heck, 'The Flash' has an 8.2 rating and that show is turrrrible. Occasionally charmingly terrible, but no way in God's Green Earth is it an 8.2
Easy to find out which is true. Just see how many people have rated the show. Maybe the show did have a broader appeal but also several people who didn't like it at all. You might find this for nearly every kind of TV show. I even know some people who don't like Breaking Bad which imo is one of the best TV shows ever (besides The Wire). But then again - this is the GA thread and not TV today so maybe we should stop this (or open another thread) before moonshineshadow kicks us out ;)
BKGaming: Thanks mrkgnao... I know it's been like a week (just started a new job, super busy) but I appreciate the nomination. Thanks moonshineshadow for running this and Big_Stupid donating the game.
mrkgnao: Good luck with your new job. The first few weeks are always stressful.
Thanks. That is it. It's been fun learning web development though. xD
amrit9037: You're welcome.
Now mod it till it crash. ;)
High Five!!!
Do you have a favorite mod? I definitely want to have the best possible experience since this will be my first campaign in Baldur's Gate. :P
BenKii: I'd like to nominate:

<span class="bold">zeffyr</span> for The Swapper.
Big thank you for that! And thank you Fuin for sponsoring the game! :-)

You've just made me happy, I'm sure I'll vastly enjoy the game! :-)
Post edited May 17, 2016 by zeffyr