It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Habanerose: As long as it is fine with moonshineshadow, of course
moonshineshadow: I closed the giveaway so it is not really my place to have a say in this.
Well, you were the one who ran it for a good while, so thus I (and I'm sure others) value your opinion on whether you think I'd be qualified to run it or not.
high rated
Well if you want my opinion. The community giveaways are/were the biggest giveaways here. And I belive that it is not something that should be done by one person. And that is not against you zeo, I would say that about everyone even myself. I would have never done the non-gog version or any other huge continious giveaway in addition to this one. But that are just my two cent on the topic in the end it is the community and the people donating codes who have to decide.
moonshineshadow: Well if you want my opinion. The community giveaways are/were the biggest giveaways here. And I belive that it is not something that should be done by one person.
Well, that was partly my concern. As much as I'd be happy to take over, I'm not really sure how people would feel about me having a "monopoly" on the giveaways so to speak. I mean, I'd be fine with it, but this belongs to the community, not me, and I aim not to tick them off.
high rated
To echo moonshineshadow, these giveaways are no small endeavor and having a partnership managing a giveaway of this size is invaluable. Aspects include (but not limited to) facilitating the intake of donations, organize/keep tabs of the inventory, delivery of games, overseeing the thread, validating/responding to requests, and handling/minimizing the "giveaway drama" all the while maintaining the trust and respect of the community and balancing real life. Moon doing this solo for the giveaway's duration is very commendable.

However, finding two (or more) individuals that could work together in concert is challenging in itself. This is a large part why I haven't put my hat in. The other part is time.
moonshineshadow: Well if you want my opinion. The community giveaways are/were the biggest giveaways here. And I belive that it is not something that should be done by one person.
zeogold: Well, that was partly my concern. As much as I'd be happy to take over, I'm not really sure how people would feel about me having a "monopoly" on the giveaways so to speak. I mean, I'd be fine with it, but this belongs to the community, not me, and I aim not to tick them off.
Seemed to me that moon's message was more along the lines of it being far too much work for one person, not in the "monopoly" sense? (But wait a bit and that should be clarified... Me just butting in here :/)
But I can't see how it wouldn't be an insane amount of work, even to maintain a single one alone, not to mention more.

Edit: And out of what foxworks noted above, I'd say the "giveaway drama" would be the worst part, including checking for eligibility and scammers and dealing with mixups, complaints and, er, assholes.
Post edited November 20, 2016 by Cavalary
Cavalary: Seemed to me that moon's message was more along the lines of it being far too much work for one person, not in the "monopoly" sense? (But wait a bit and that should be clarified... Me just butting in here :/)
But I can't see how it wouldn't be an insane amount of work, even to maintain a single one alone, not to mention more.

Edit: And out of what foxworks noted above, I'd say the "giveaway drama" would be the worst part, including checking for eligibility and scammers and dealing with mixups, complaints and, er, assholes.
zeogold disappears with all the codes and resurfaces some weeks later in Brazil, and spends the rest of his life playing computer games and drinking caipirinhas near the beach... I think that is something people should be concerned about, and it keeps me up all night.

I'd say that some of the work could be automated, as that would help immensely. I really don't know how moonshineshadow managed it and did so gracefully.

Validating game keys with captchas would be a drag, as that can't be easily automatd. White and blacklisting users would help on the longer run. Automatic stock management and key distribution could be accomplished.

I think it could be doable, as you already display the commitment and motivation (and the free time) that it requires, as long as you manage to get the tools to help you.
Gede: zeogold disappears with all the codes and resurfaces some weeks later in Brazil, and spends the rest of his life playing computer games and drinking caipirinhas near the beach... I think that is something people should be concerned about, and it keeps me up all night.
I disagree.
Now, Mexico? THERE's a nice place to visit. Better beaches and everything. Brazil would require me to learn Portuguese, too. Also would change my name to Ramón. Or José. Jozéo?
Briefly considered Costa Rica before deciding there were too many bugs.
Habanerose: As long as it is fine with moonshineshadow, of course
moonshineshadow: I closed the giveaway so it is not really my place to have a say in this.
Thanks for the giveaway man!
zeogold: Well, that was partly my concern. As much as I'd be happy to take over, I'm not really sure how people would feel about me having a "monopoly" on the giveaways so to speak. I mean, I'd be fine with it, but this belongs to the community, not me, and I aim not to tick them off.
I'm totally fine with you playing monopoly. Eh, having a monopoly on community giveaways. If you can manage it. I wouldn't have the time to run one continuous giveaway, let alone two. But you know how much work it is to run the steam GA and you alone can answer the question, whether you are willing and able to double your workload.
<inspired, goes looking for video game versions of Monopoly>
Gede: zeogold disappears with all the codes and resurfaces some weeks later in Brazil, and spends the rest of his life playing computer games and drinking caipirinhas near the beach... I think that is something people should be concerned about, and it keeps me up all night.
zeogold: I disagree.
Now, Mexico? THERE's a nice place to visit. Better beaches and everything. Brazil would require me to learn Portuguese, too. Also would change my name to Ramón. Or José. Jozéo?
Briefly considered Costa Rica before deciding there were too many bugs.
"José" is often shortened to "Zé" over here, so Zéo is not that strange in Portuguese.

I should warn you upfront that I would feel very disappointed with you should you run away with my game keys to Mexico, when Brazil is such a better option. I would expect much more a a self-proclaimed Puzzlemaster.
Themken: <inspired, goes looking for video game versions of Monopoly>
I have good memories of playing Monopoly on the Super Nintendo back in the day. It played exactly like the regular board game, and I remember the funny music, as well!
good joob
Despite your Checkersed history, I think you could handle a Chess full of games enough to give it a Go. It will be a complex Operation that would Boggle the mind of a normal person, but you are a Mastermind and wouldn't treat it like a Trivial Pursuit. You know it's a real Twister collecting and passing out the right games to all these Hungry Hungry Hippos in the right Sequence.

It's a hard-Scrabble world, but you wouldn't leave us Sorry.

Parcheesi.
bler144: Despite your Checkersed history, I think you could handle a Chess full of games enough to give it a Go. It will be a complex Operation that would Boggle the mind of a normal person, but you are a Mastermind and wouldn't treat it like a Trivial Pursuit. You know it's a real Twister collecting and passing out the right games to all these Hungry Hungry Hippos in the right Sequence.

It's a hard-Scrabble world, but you wouldn't leave us Sorry.

Parcheesi.
you forgot Payday