It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witcher series, Pillars, of Eternity, Dex, and more.

UPDATE: How about adding some cyberpunk to your role-playing party? The recent Shadowrun trilogy has just been added to the Sale, going for 66/80% off. Hacker elves, ork assassins, and street samurai clash in the shadows, as greedy corporations secretly conspire against the unsuspecting people. What is your role in all this?

There's a big Role-Playing Week ahead of us, everyone. The public beta for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is approaching fast, and we decided to kick things off a little early with a big <span class="bold">Role-Playing Sale</span> that will get you in the mood for some sword-clashing and fireball-slinging.

Start by immersing yourselves in the sprawling Witcher universe, with up to -85% on all games in the series, including The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY, the game which first introduced us to the wonderful addiction that is GWENT.

Next, take a trip to Grimrock for some hardcore dungeon-crawling, and then find yourself a vantage point with a sweet isometric view: it's time to dive into Obsidian's modern classics. Both Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny offer an immersive experience not to be missed by veterans of the legendary Infinity engine games while introducing us to completely new and equally compelling fantasy worlds.

But that's not everything: keep an eye out for hidden gems that shouldn't go unnoticed, plus new sale additions arriving this Wednesday.

The <span class="bold">Role-Playing Sale</span> will last until May 28, 1 PM UTC.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, there has been nothing added to the sale, so what?
Shadowrun games have been added.

UPDATE: How about adding some cyberpunk to your role-playing party? The recent Shadowrun trilogy has just been added to the Sale, going for 66/80% off. Hacker elves, ork assassins, and street samurai clash in the shadows, as greedy corporations secretly conspire against the unsuspecting people. What is your role in all this?
Probably you already own them, so feels like nothing has been added. I have the same sense. They aren't what we were expecting.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, there has been nothing added to the sale, so what?
vanchann: Shadowrun games have been added.

vanchann: Probably you already own them, so feels like nothing has been added. I have the same sense. They aren't what we were expecting.
Nope, the Shadowrun games have been there before.
Maxvorstadt: Nope, the Shadowrun games have been there before.
I haven't noticed that.
They mostly appear on the games I already own list, so that should be the reason I have missed them.
vanchann: Shadowrun games have been added.

Probably you already own them, so feels like nothing has been added. I have the same sense. They aren't what we were expecting.
Maxvorstadt: Nope, the Shadowrun games have been there before.
The original promo had 22 games. The Deus Ex games and Bloodlines have been added on Monday evening, StarCrawlers has been added yesterday and the Shadowrun games have been added today.
Exhodos: Damn GOG, you made me buy the great StarCrawlers and now you put on sale the Shadowrun Saga? When will I find the time to play all these game, huh? Luckily tomorrow is a holiday \o/
The SRs are actually quite short, when you just play the mainline with single party build, took just couple of days to finish each. You can of course replay it with different party build type, or check teh Internetz for user missions/etc, but I didn't either of that, because I'm actually rather short on time, and want to play also some other games, so the length of mainline of each SR was just OK for me (not too short).
Trid: And another temptation to get Deus Ex and finally have it in digital version... sigh, I have to stay strong. ;)
Please, tell me how to do that! :)
I installed Deus Ex from CD a few months ago and decided to postpone playing it a bit, in order to get the last, well patched, digital version from GOG. I cannot play right now and I'm trying to wait for some nice bundle and/or amazing discount, but it's hard to resist when you look at that - $2,5 for such a game, come on!
Post edited May 24, 2017 by ciemnogrodzianin
I enjoyed Shadowrun Dragonfall a lot, how are the others? Didn't hear good things about Returns.
I just found out that it's 'Towel Day' , which is a thing, apparently
http://www.towelday.org/
So maybe this:
https://www.gog.com/game/starship_titanic
Should have been on sale today too?
I'll let it slide this time - just remember next year -_-
:-D
rodrolliv: I enjoyed Shadowrun Dragonfall a lot, how are the others? Didn't hear good things about Returns.
I enjoyed Returns.
It's linear and has much less interaction with other characters. The hub place is also minimal.
If I remember correctly there are only two quests/locations which don't belong to the main plot. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as the story is always interesting.

I felt a bit distracted with that "you need this amount of Nuyens, so go for some optional quests" in Dragonfall.

Since I played Returns first, I don't know how the game would feel for players, who have finished Dragonfall first. In my opinion it's a really good entry point to the Shadowrun universe.

I own, but I haven't played HK yet.
rodrolliv: I enjoyed Shadowrun Dragonfall a lot, how are the others? Didn't hear good things about Returns.
vanchann: I enjoyed Returns.
It's linear and has much less interaction with other characters. The hub place is also minimal.
If I remember correctly there are only two quests/locations which don't belong to the main plot. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as the story is always interesting.

I felt a bit distracted with that "you need this amount of Nuyens, so go for some optional quests" in Dragonfall.

Since I played Returns first, I don't know how the game would feel for players, who have finished Dragonfall first. In my opinion it's a really good entry point to the Shadowrun universe.

I own, but I haven't played HK yet.
Thanks for answering! That doesn't sound too bad for Returns. I enjoyed the sidequests in Dragonfall, but felt a bit lost in the terms of lore and setting. Maybe Returns, as a precursor, is better at telling the player the franchise's basic info.
ciemnogrodzianin: Please, tell me how to do that! :)
I installed Deus Ex from CD a few months ago and decided to postpone playing it a bit, in order to get the last, well patched, digital version from GOG. I cannot play right now and I'm trying to wait for some nice bundle and/or amazing discount, but it's hard to resist when you look at that - $2,5 for such a game, come on!
Strong will...
Also, some other expenses help. :P
now tyranny is regionally priced in germany! it happend during this sale, some days ago it wasn't. fuck you gog!
apehater: now tyranny is regionally priced in germany! it happend during this sale, some days ago it wasn't. fuck you gog!
Blame Paradox : https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post1895
apehater: now tyranny is regionally priced in germany! it happend during this sale, some days ago it wasn't. fuck you gog!
Totally not GOG's fault this time:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/is_paradox_increased_its_prices_for_gog_too
PaterAlf: Totally not GOG's fault this time:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/is_paradox_increased_its_prices_for_gog_too
i really don't know why you are still defending them. its "always not their fault"! they always find some scammy fairy tail excuse. this seem to be one great pr strategy between two partners. i bet on paradox forum the users accept the lame excuse of paradox for this and it 100% blames gog for this price adjustments. i'm not going to reply any further as it always ends in a silly argument cycle. if you still want to believe, its up to you.