It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witcher series, Pillars, of Eternity, Dex, and more.

UPDATE: How about adding some cyberpunk to your role-playing party? The recent Shadowrun trilogy has just been added to the Sale, going for 66/80% off. Hacker elves, ork assassins, and street samurai clash in the shadows, as greedy corporations secretly conspire against the unsuspecting people. What is your role in all this?

There's a big Role-Playing Week ahead of us, everyone. The public beta for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is approaching fast, and we decided to kick things off a little early with a big <span class="bold">Role-Playing Sale</span> that will get you in the mood for some sword-clashing and fireball-slinging.

Start by immersing yourselves in the sprawling Witcher universe, with up to -85% on all games in the series, including The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY, the game which first introduced us to the wonderful addiction that is GWENT.

Next, take a trip to Grimrock for some hardcore dungeon-crawling, and then find yourself a vantage point with a sweet isometric view: it's time to dive into Obsidian's modern classics. Both Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny offer an immersive experience not to be missed by veterans of the legendary Infinity engine games while introducing us to completely new and equally compelling fantasy worlds.

But that's not everything: keep an eye out for hidden gems that shouldn't go unnoticed, plus new sale additions arriving this Wednesday.

The <span class="bold">Role-Playing Sale</span> will last until May 28, 1 PM UTC.
PLEASE add Dragon Wars and King of Dragon Pass, I've been waiting to reclaim both of them (bought them way back when many PCs ago)
Mauller: *cries* I just finished paying for the wedding! No Witcher 3 GOTY for me. Not for a long time at least. :(
If you're prepping for your wedding, you will have no time to play the game anyway. By the time you have time, it'll be back on sale again. :)
Frozen: Yet another Pillars of Eternity sale without upgrade options...
What's worse, I have a Kickstarter Hero Edition, so GOG doesn't even recognize that I own the game. I have a feeling that even if they offered an upgrade I wouldn't be able to take advantage of it.
I recommend Legend of Grimrock. It's really great dungeon crawler, bringing back the best from classics of the genre.
If you buy and install the Witcher 3 : GOTY, are you able to distinguish the main game from the expansion packs? i.e. I'd want to play the original game first, then expansion 1, then expansion 2, etc. Is that possible? I wouldn't want to trigger new areas / quests from the expansions before I beat the main game. Not sure if this is an issue or not.
Dilbertus: If you buy and install the Witcher 3 : GOTY, are you able to distinguish the main game from the expansion packs? i.e. I'd want to play the original game first, then expansion 1, then expansion 2, etc. Is that possible? I wouldn't want to trigger new areas / quests from the expansions before I beat the main game. Not sure if this is an issue or not.
Yes, Both expansion pass can be assessed through main menu of game.
You can even start with Expansion pass and then visit the main game later.
Maxvorstadt: So, Oblivion on wednesday?
SeduceMePlz: And Fallout 3.
My bottle caps are ready for Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas.
ciemnogrodzianin: I recommend Legend of Grimrock. It's really great dungeon crawler, bringing back the best from classics of the genre.
and Legend of Grimrock II.
It's same game but you will be more outside.
Mauller: *cries* I just finished paying for the wedding! No Witcher 3 GOTY for me. Not for a long time at least. :(
Your wedding?
Congrats. Would you like to share any funny pic or moment of wedding with us?
I hope you will get it in summer sale.
Post edited May 22, 2017 by amrit9037
Maxvorstadt: So, Oblivion on wednesday?
SeduceMePlz: And Fallout 3.
Pillars of Eternity Hero, Champion and Royal UPGRADES on Thursday?
Guys, I can see that they've added Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and Deus Ex to that promo - do not miss that chance to buy one of the best cRPGs ever made!
System Shock is not an RPG. (Excellent game, though.)
So why is it that I own Pillars of Eternity Royal edition and yet the sale pages show me as owning none on the Pillars editions? C'mon GOG - what's going on here?
high rated
ikrananka: So why is it that I own Pillars of Eternity Royal edition and yet the sale pages show me as owning none on the Pillars editions? C'mon GOG - what's going on here?
Becuase GOG store is a mess.
It's telling me that I don't own:
- Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (because I have Kickstarter Hero Edition)
- Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I (because I bought Expansion Pass)
- Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part II (because I bought Expansion Pass)
- Tyranny - Commander Edition (because I bought pre-order of Overlord Edition)
- Tyranny - Archon Edition (because I bought pre-order of Overlord Edition)
- Tyranny - Overlord Edition (because I bought pre-order)

Unfortunately, GOG is too busy with promoting Galaxy to care about this issue.
If you think wedding is expensive, wait for a divorce... :P :)

Then again, since then I have lot of time for games...
Dilbertus: If you buy and install the Witcher 3 : GOTY, are you able to distinguish the main game from the expansion packs? i.e. I'd want to play the original game first, then expansion 1, then expansion 2, etc. Is that possible? I wouldn't want to trigger new areas / quests from the expansions before I beat the main game. Not sure if this is an issue or not.
The second expansion, Blood and Wine, takes part in a different area, and you will have to do a specific quest to get there - the quest is color-coded, so there's no chance to activate it by accident. It is a sort of "farewell" to the story, so it makes sense to play it after finishing the main game, in any case.

The first expansion, Hearts of Stone, does expand the "regular" map a little bit and adds a couple of things. The DLC specific quests are color-coded as well, but you're free to roam and can access that "extra-bit" of the map at any time (it's he north-eastern area of Velen). So, as you can choose when to start the quests it shouldn't really be an issue, if you want to make absolutely sure you could always just install the vanilla version and play it and then install the DLC later. However, both level and content-wise it does makes sense to play Hearts of Stone before finishing the main game, but you're free to do as you like, obviously.

(Like amrit said, you can also play the expansions entirely separately with a level-appropriate character that is provided for you, although I'm not quite sure whether that's the most fun way to do it...)
ikrananka: So why is it that I own Pillars of Eternity Royal edition and yet the sale pages show me as owning none on the Pillars editions? C'mon GOG - what's going on here?
Frozen: Becuase GOG store is a mess.
It's telling me that I don't own:
- Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (because I have Kickstarter Hero Edition)
- Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I (because I bought Expansion Pass)
- Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part II (because I bought Expansion Pass)
- Tyranny - Commander Edition (because I bought pre-order of Overlord Edition)
- Tyranny - Archon Edition (because I bought pre-order of Overlord Edition)
- Tyranny - Overlord Edition (because I bought pre-order)

Unfortunately, GOG is too busy with promoting Galaxy to care about this issue.
Wow - what a mess!!!

I bought Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition on 21st March 2015 and I wasn't a Kickstarter backer. Was it a pre-order on that date? My receipt just shows the game purchase as a normal one.

Regardless, pre-orders etc. should still be tagged as owning the released game when it is available on GOG. How ridiculous for them to not be.
Shows for me as not owning any of the Tyranny editions, even though I preordered the Overlord edition. Definitely should show correctly.