It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BreOl72: Hi guys,

I know this comment will most probably be made in vain, but:

Which would still be enough, wouldn't you agree?
I wholeheartedly agree. Seems lately that it's been getting worse too.
Hint: if you need to post several comments to post a changelog, then you should be thinking wtf you are doing.
No one is gonna read that here and the people that are interested in the game will gladly click a link to read the whole changelog. The mod system is dead, no need to grind upvotes anymore.
high rated
Could we maybe restrict ourselves to post only the shortest possible "Update" notices?
I fail to see the problem in scrolling a bit as long as the posts are on topic. Also, the changelogs people are posting here are on most cases not available on GOG directly which would mean that they'd have to post links redirecting to other sites or sources. Some people - especially here on GOG - prefer not to follow links to other sites.
twifight: Hint: if you need to post several comments to post a changelog, then you should be thinking wtf you are doing.
No one is gonna read that here and the people that are interested in the game will gladly click a link to read the whole changelog. The mod system is dead, no need to grind upvotes anymore.
Wow! People are taking their sweet time to give others as many information as possible and now you are accusing them that they only do it because they want to get some reputation? Just great.
Post edited April 30, 2023 by MarkoH01
high rated

Which would still be enough, wouldn't you agree?
twifight: I wholeheartedly agree. Seems lately that it's been getting worse too.
Hint: if you need to post several comments to post a changelog, then you should be thinking wtf you are doing.
Not long ago someone complained about a changelog not being posted in this thread, so there's no pleasing everyone I guess.

If they're so bothersome for you, you could always look up the updates yourself. It isn't all that harder than clicking a link. Or maybe you come here for the convenience of not having to look it up yourself?

PS. I always love it when someone thinks they're qualified to speak for everyone else.
high rated
I do appreciate the changelogs. They're not hard to skip for games I'm not interested in. To each their own.
IMO, full changelogs should be posted in game specific forum's dedicated topic (except for these games that don't have a dedicated forum), whereas here only its brief parts with a link to that full changelog.

That way, posts in this topic should be considered as notifications about new updates, and those who want to read full changelog of it should follow the link to game specific forum's dedicated topic, where all changelogs for this game could be neatly read in a chronological order if needed.
high rated
This topic exists so we don't have to post at individual game messageboards. If someone else wants to do that, fine. It's easier to check here than go through hundreds of messageboards for games to see which ones have been updated.
Post edited April 30, 2023 by DoomSooth
high rated
How about you just appreciate all the people taking their time to post the changelogs instead of bitching? Is scrolling a couple seconds longer that hard for you?

Mainly aimed at twifight.
Post edited April 30, 2023 by NuffCatnip
high rated
I know a lot of the logs are long, but before complaining maybe consider that many of those changelogs are coming from Steam, and

1) Many on GOG have previously stated they don't/won't go onto Steam, yet they still would like to know whether or not they want to spend time and (for some) d/l cost to get that particular update;

2) Some countries have been blocked out of certain games (yet gotten them on GOG thru gift or GA) and may not be able to click thru to that game's update info on Steam; and

3) GOG has stated that any thread with numerous links to the Steam game page (not demo) would be locked, and has previously done just that. I think most of us would greatly prefer this update thread not be locked or eliminated.

Almost forgot ... 4) At the end of the year those still using Windows 7 (possibly 8 as well) will no longer be able to get on Steam so will not be able to use the links to see the changelog, especially to check if their GOG game update may suddenly stop allowing them to play their game on their OS - which has happened to some games here already.

Personally, I appreciate that so many here take their time to let us know about the updates and went looking for the update contents that are so often left off of GOG. Thank you.
Post edited May 01, 2023 by bjgamer
high rated
Airships: Conquer the Skies updated to 1.1.6.

Version 1.1.6
Some things I found while developing the Heroes and Villains DLC.

Increased unrest benefits and penalties from reputation.
Post-game stats now include a graph of reputation.
Can no longer intercept and fight allied fleets without declaring war.
AI no longer asks you to help besiege a city using a fleet consisting of a single supply ship.
AI should no longer ask for your help to besiege a city and then get cold feet and turn its fleet around.
Editing an AI offer to include a payment now works.
Stopped ships with lots of sails from constantly emitting sail flap sounds.
Giant spiders no longer explode when killed.
The E/I keys now re-hide empire stats/diplomacy as well as showing them.
Gaining a tech that's in your research queue now removes it from the queue so it doesn't get re-researched.
If you have enqueued a non-default choice tech (eg Free Press) and then also enqueue a tech that has that as a prerequisite (eg Bureaucracy), the game will no longer incorrectly enqueue the default choice (eg Surveillance State) as well.
bjgamer: 1) Many on GOG have previously stated they don't/won't go onto Steam,
And yet, many, if not most (all?) of these users have no problem linking to Steam, whenever it suits their case.
Remember: what people say and what people do are two pairs of shoes.
bjgamer: 3) GOG has stated that any thread with numerous links to the Steam game page (not demo) would be locked, and has previously done just that.
And yet; I (and many others) have put links to the changelogs on Steam AFTER that new policy, and GOG did not close this thread.
The "links forbidden" came as response to people advertising sales there...not the changelogs that often are only available there, because GOG doesn't get its shit together.
====
But as I predicted already in my initial post:
BreOl72: I know this comment will most probably be made in vain,...
You all can simply forget now, that I dared to ask...
Attachments:
bjgamer: 1) Many on GOG have previously stated they don't/won't go onto Steam,
BreOl72: And yet, many, if not most (all?) of these users have no problem linking to Steam, whenever it suits their case.
It goes without saying that the people posting changelogs in this thread often have to go elsewhere to find them, seeing as only a fraction of developers post them on GOG.

bjgamer is obviously talking about the people coming here to read them.
BreOl72: And yet, many, if not most (all?) of these users have no problem linking to Steam, whenever it suits their case.
(ø,ø): It goes without saying that the people posting changelogs in this thread often have to go elsewhere to find them, seeing as only a fraction of developers post them on GOG.

bjgamer is obviously talking about the people coming here to read them.
I am well aware of that.
My point was: even those coming here to read only - have no problem to visit Steam and even link to it, whenever it fits their agenda.

Maybe bjgamer (and others?) isn't aware of this, but: you don't need a Steam account to visit/see those changelogs on Steam.
You don't need to olog in to any of their services. Nothing, nada, zilch...

Steam works in that regard exactly as GOG does: it's all accessible from the outside - only if you want to actively participate, you have to create an account and log in.
BreOl72: My point was: even those coming here to read only - have no problem to visit Steam and even link to it, whenever it fits their agenda.
Do you have any examples of this?
BreOl72: My point was: even those coming here to read only - have no problem to visit Steam and even link to it, whenever it fits their agenda.
(ø,ø): Do you have any examples of this?
Are you asking me to search through the forum to find posts that can prove my claim?
I won't do that.

You feel free to belive me, or not. I really couldn't care less.

Go look up (counter-)evidence to my claim, if you're so interested in it.
high rated
(ø,ø): Do you have any examples of this?
BreOl72: Are you asking me to search through the forum to find posts that can prove my claim?
I won't do that.

You feel free to belive me, or not. I really couldn't care less.

Go look up (counter-)evidence to my claim, if you're so interested in it.
I see. So you just make up whatever fits your agenda.