It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A game that will surely captivate the fans of mind-boggling psychological thrillers. The Shattering is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until 28th April, 2 PM UTC.

Enjoy the dynamic environments, beautiful aesthetic, and intriguing story. Enter the mind of John Evans, where you struggle to piece together the fragments of your past and present.
low rated
Seems as if the developers don`t want to sell many copies of this game, or why else is this game only for Win 10, which nobody really uses?
Maxvorstadt: Seems as if the developers don`t want to sell many copies of this game, or why else is this game only for Win 10, which nobody really uses?
Cyberpunk 2077 is only officially supported on Win10.
Post edited April 21, 2020 by tfishell
Maxvorstadt: Seems as if the developers don`t want to sell many copies of this game, or why else is this game only for Win 10, which nobody really uses?
tfishell: Cyberpunk 2077 is only officially supported on Win10.
Well, then this game is a no go for me too.
Windows 10 has over 50% of the global OS marketshare, so it absolutely makes sense to focus on the platform used by most people, as problematic as Win 10 is.
I hope that Deck13 plans to release more from their back catalogue here. I'd especially love to see Black Sails here, and also the missing two Ankh games. I'm also mildly interested in Blood Knights.
Post edited April 21, 2020 by seppelfred
For me it says:
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Can anybody explain what "Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10" actually means?
Acriz: For me it says:

Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Acriz:
Look at the minimum system requirements, there is only Win 10 mentioned.
Sachys: Can anybody explain what "Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10" actually means?
Yeah, I wondered about that too.
Post edited April 21, 2020 by Maxvorstadt
Sachys: Can anybody explain what "Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10" actually means?
In the EU, "N" variants of some Windows editions are available, which exclude the Windows Media Player. These are offered for antitrust reasons (Microsoft was forced to do so).

Although I don't think anybody actually needs the Windows Media Player for anything, Microsoft also decided to remove Windows Media codecs from these editions, so in practice unless these are installed separately, the computer cannot play videos in certain common formats. There is no technical reason not to include the codecs by default, Microsoft likely decided to do so out of spite.

If you have one of these editions, you'd probably want to install the Media Features Pack anyway, otherwise you're likely to run into some issues, which in turn installs the Windows Media Player as well. So a better way yet is to start with the regular variant, and remove the Windows Media Player from the system image before installation, only leaving the codecs.

The situation is similar with "KN" variants offered in South Korea.
Post edited April 22, 2020 by _P136_
Windows 10 N - available to customers in Europe, does not include Media Play back capabilities, but can be downloaded separately. It is available in Home, Pro and Enterprise editions too.
I suppose that the game for playing some content inside relies on a built-in player in Windows. Accordingly, in Windows versions in which it is not, the game will not work at all or will not work correctly.
_P136_:
okay, that makes sense - though im sure theres a means of development not requiring that. cheers!

Windows 10 N - available to customers in Europe, does not include Media Play back capabilities, but can be downloaded separately. It is available in Home, Pro and Enterprise editions too.
Loger13: I suppose that the game for playing some content inside relies on a built-in player in Windows. Accordingly, in Windows versions in which it is not, the game will not work at all or will not work correctly.
aye
Post edited April 22, 2020 by Sachys
Maxvorstadt: why else is this game only for Win 10, which nobody really uses?
lol? wuts it like livin' in bizarre-o world?
cameran: Windows 10 has over 50% of the global OS marketshare, so it absolutely makes sense to focus on the platform used by most people, as problematic as Win 10 is.
Doubt 50%
cameran: Windows 10 has over 50% of the global OS marketshare, so it absolutely makes sense to focus on the platform used by most people, as problematic as Win 10 is.
Niggles: Doubt 50%
https://bit.ly/3cBC7bN (netmarketshare.com - Operating System Share by Version)
Spoiler alert: it's 51.57%