It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Staxel is now available DRM-free Get it 25% off until April 18th, 10pm UTC.

Enter the vibrant, voxel-based world of Staxel and get to business! Shape up your long neglected farm, meet the cooky townsfolk, feed the animals, go fishing, help around town, and even invite some friends over!
i_hope_you_rot: Patch 1.4.25 (190414c) has been released on Steam .

https://steamcommunity.com/games/405710/announcements/detail/3751970741585403749

Here is the list of changes made to the game;

Pet Food bowl, Trough, Slop Trough and Chicken Feed Area now give more food. (Now 5, 8, 8, 8 helpings respectively.)
Added a lot of previous unsearchable items to the creative catalogue. As well as some to shipping catalogue.
Shovel will now break blocks even if a tile is above them. Will not break blocks with plants on them however.
Fixed Eris' liked items not giving more reputation.
Added likes to Farm Fan.
Aliza should no longer care if you have the Farm License in your inventory to start the Barn Build quest. (If you previously lost your License here, just talk to Max again to unlock this.)
The dialogues for pointing the player towards farm fan should no longer play to people who can't complete the tutorial.
Vorlen will now unlock clocks when you try to make the museum for him.
Fix a case where the Prince, for Emilia's quests, wouldn't spawn if you went to Eris' castle.
Added an extra Prince check to Emilia's Liked quest
Fixed Daily quest items showing up in Jamie's fetch quest pool.
Fixed some issues with NPC's not spawning at the Airship totem.
Added /magicteleportreturn as a cheat command.
Made duplicate key exceptions better for Character Designs and Character Outfits.
Fixed Morel and Cirahna using 2 scripts at a time, and thus walking away from the player if they interacted with them.
Fixed quotations not being escaped in mail, causing a crash when you tried to make mail.
Fixed using a decimal point in the petals causing a crash.
Increase the amount of starbits spawned on a server by 1 per player on the server.
Fixed a crash after expanding a player's rights.
Crafting dock Drawables are now more rigorously checked in validation. They also do not spam logs when invalid in game.
Can no longer leave the world to increase the number of starbits that drop at night.
Fixed an issue with Staxel net, not choosing specific relay servers.
Fixed a bunch of models with wrong layernames.
Fixed tabbing in content builder.
Added more StaxelNet regions (germany, japan, texas)
i_hope_you_rot:
GOG received the same patch, probably at the same time. I've been on this version the whole sunday.
huan: It probably won't take the crown from SDV, but it looks like I'll get my money's worth.
Now the real question for me would be: How do you think it compares to something like 'My Time at Portia'?
Mr.Mumbles: Now the real question for me would be: How do you think it compares to something like 'My Time at Portia'?
They are similar, but there seems to be less content in Staxel. Whole world is unlocked from the start. Fewer quests, no fighting (no monster-based ingredients). Flatter material and crafting progression - one quest seems to have unlocked almost everything except for tool upgrades, rest is only question of money. Big part of the game is creative sandbox - Portia is limited what you can do outside of your farm, staxel allows you to destroy and rebuild anything. To fullfill villager requests you can just stuff all the required components in designated area (I'm trying to build pet shop currently by recycling empty space in their private house), but you could also spend many hours building them something from the grounds up.

Another big thing in Staxel seems to be multiplayer, which I don't intend to touch.

For singleplayer, Portia would win - 200h is hard to beat. If I get half that time out of Staxel it will still be very respectable for the price.
HiPhish: Aaaand interest lost. "Oh, you don't want to sit through our oh so quirky tutorial? Well, screw you then!". Why do developers do this?
Darvond: And yes, it appears you are dragged along for nearly 20 minutes before being released into play proper.
You only have to do it your first game at least. After you do the tutorial it once, there will be a new dialog choice when talking to Farm Fan at the beginning. It lets you skip the tutorial. Its kind of dumb that the option isn't there from the beginning though.
huan: snip
Thanks for the info.
Post edited April 16, 2019 by Mr.Mumbles