It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Bloom of Cherry Blossoms.

Sakura, the Japanese cherry blossom, brings today to GOG.COM low prices festival. Embark on fantastic adventures with the selection of best games inspired by the captivating Japanese culture and art.

Ready for the journey? Let's go to Mobius, an idyllic world that exists for the sake of letting people forget about the pain and problems of reality. In this seemingly beautiful and perfect world, something is amiss. Escape from this false paradise with your fellow students and return to reality in The Caligula Effect: Overdose, now for the first time -25%.

Maybe you want to uncover the secret of the Five Great Dragons, and help Adol Christin save the day once again in Ys SEVEN(-40%)? What about visual novels partially voiced by popular Japanese talents! Take the stage in Shining Song Starnova (-40%) or experience the final love story on a dying planet with eden* (-65%).

Celebrate Sakura and smell the Japanese spirit with our selection of best titles!

The Japanese-Themed Games Midweek Sale runs until April 13, 10PM UTC.
Yay GOG-chan is back. I was worried the ugly harpies had taken her from us.
Nice sale, but I'm still waiting for The House in Fata Morgana: A Requiem for Innocence to be released on GOG. Don't make me buy it on Steam :)
Kawaii! GOG-chan, never leave us!
Is there anyone here who is familiar with all those visual novels? Are there any particularly good ones that could convince me of the genre? (The only "VN" I liked so far was 428 Shibuya Scramble.)
Holy Moly that's a huge midweek sale!
Post edited April 10, 2019 by MadalinStroe
Those Falcom games are really good. I bought them in previous sales and I've been getting way more than my money's worth out of all of them.

As for the Caligula Effect, I'm still not happy that those NISA devs didn't bother to give GOG users Achievements even though they did for Steam users, therefore I probably won't buy Caligula Effect until it's at least 85% off or more, and maybe not even then.

But I would have bought it at a fair price if they did treat GOG customers equally to Steam customers.
Great sale. A few VNs aside, i already own what interests me here so i will just wait for the release of Sachiko's Hysteric Bday later today. :)

... Or maybe i will buy something else too. The day is still young....

Hello again GOG-chan, it's been a while :)
Post edited April 10, 2019 by Hikage1983
Where is Lo Wang?!?
Welcome back, GOG-chan! ;v;

Nice discounts - my wallet is crying. :) Thanks GOG!
RyaReisender: Is there anyone here who is familiar with all those visual novels? Are there any particularly good ones that could convince me of the genre? (The only "VN" I liked so far was 428 Shibuya Scramble.)
I'm not familiar with all of them, but given you liked 428, you might like these:
- The 25th Ward (mystery/adventure/cyberpunk - though recommended you play The Silver Case first)
- The House in Fata Morgana (mystery/suspense/thriller)
- Higurashi & Umineko series (mystery/horror)
- fault series (adventure/mystery/fantasy/sci-fi. I will always shill this series though. :P)
- Memory's Dogma (mystery/sci-fi)
- Trails series (not VNs but there is a *lot* of text, starts as a standard fantasy RPG but evolves into an expansive dramatic story spanning many games)
- maybe eden* (drama/sci-fi)
Post edited April 10, 2019 by personthingy
I'm a big fan of anime based games, but you don't have the really good stuff - this includes "old" games. I just want to give some examples of such games that rarely left my harddrive:

(1) Tactics Ogre let us cling together, there has been a remake lately
(2) Yu-No, there has been a remake lately
(3) Star Ocean, the old ones
(4) Of course all kinds of Final Fantasy games, especially the old ones
(5) Princess Maker

And many more. I guess it's impossible to get them.
GR11: I'm a big fan of anime based games, but you don't have the really good stuff - this includes "old" games. I just want to give some examples of such games that rarely left my harddrive:

(1) Tactics Ogre let us cling together, there has been a remake lately
(2) Yu-No, there has been a remake lately
(3) Star Ocean, the old ones
(4) Of course all kinds of Final Fantasy games, especially the old ones
(5) Princess Maker

And many more. I guess it's impossible to get them.
Princess Maker 2 was released on Steam last year iirc.
low rated
I hate to ruin the fun , but what about us who not interested in these kind of games ?
high rated
i_hope_you_rot: I hate to ruin the fun , but what about us who not interested in these kind of games ?
You see what type of offers are available next week?
high rated
i_hope_you_rot: I hate to ruin the fun , but what about us who not interested in these kind of games ?
You have literally every other sale maybe? Ye negative pansy.

And refrain from lying, you hate nothing - it's the exact reason why you are here.
Post edited April 10, 2019 by Chiteki