It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Bloom of Cherry Blossoms.

Sakura, the Japanese cherry blossom, brings today to GOG.COM low prices festival. Embark on fantastic adventures with the selection of best games inspired by the captivating Japanese culture and art.

Ready for the journey? Let's go to Mobius, an idyllic world that exists for the sake of letting people forget about the pain and problems of reality. In this seemingly beautiful and perfect world, something is amiss. Escape from this false paradise with your fellow students and return to reality in The Caligula Effect: Overdose, now for the first time -25%.

Maybe you want to uncover the secret of the Five Great Dragons, and help Adol Christin save the day once again in Ys SEVEN(-40%)? What about visual novels partially voiced by popular Japanese talents! Take the stage in Shining Song Starnova (-40%) or experience the final love story on a dying planet with eden* (-65%).

Celebrate Sakura and smell the Japanese spirit with our selection of best titles!

The Japanese-Themed Games Midweek Sale runs until April 13, 10PM UTC.
GOG.com: The Japanese-Themed Games Midweek Sale runs until April 13, 10PM UTC.
I have an important question directed towards GOG team:

Would using any GOG images (like for example the GOG-chan image from this sale) as a profile picture here would be seen as breaking any GOG rules or TOS? Im asking because " "some other companies" " have various rules around these kind of things and Im not sure if I have seen GOG ever even slightly mentioning anything about this...

(Im asking because I would like to crop the current GOG-chan image and use it as my profile pic ;) :D )

I would appreciate if somebody from GOG team would make an official statement (and not just a personal opition)...

edit: added top quote to trigger GOG system to show possible notification to GOG team...
Post edited April 12, 2019 by B1tF1ghter
personthingy: ... snip ...
Starmaker: ... snip ...
You two seem quite knowledgeable so I'll ask you this. Which of these VNs have more than just reading and dialogue selection in them? Something to make them more of a "game". I see that the new release Serment - Contract with a Devil has some dungeon crawler in it. A couple have a "managerial" sub-genre.

Mr.Mumbles: Question for those who've played the Hyperdimension Neptunia games: How simple/repetitive/grindy is the combat? I was thinking of maybe giving the first one a try to see whether it might be worth getting the rest at a later date, so I watched a few gameplay videos and the combat seemed quite basic.
Hikage1983: Simple, sure. repetitive? Kind of a broad question. Grindy? Not really unless you are interested in the post endgame stuff.
Personally i find it fun enough and it gets better with each successive entry.
One thing to note. Rebirth 1 is not considered canon anymore but it is a good entry point to get to know the personalities of each character as well as general terms used across the series etc.
I'm going to disagree with you there. I found Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 incredibly grindy. I bought it when it was first released and I still haven't slogged my way through it. Maybe I spent too much time in the side dungeons but some of that was necessary to get beyond one of the powerful mecha bosses. I like the characters and the gameplay but I get/got burned out when playing though repeated sections.
low rated
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53274096/grand-guilds-tactical-rpg-with-cards?ref=b5cbve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lfwkpcpIXk
low rated
What about these games is Japanese? I don't get it. Westly looking, round eyed, child like looking female characters? What's Japanese? Is it Japanese to have vending machines which offer used female underwear?
Just like Children of Zodiarcs, except that it will apparently not be on gog (Steam+Switch only). What's your point in posting it on the gog Japanese-themed games sale thread? That you'd rather have a non-existent game on sale at gog instead? Or is it just that you think the different drawing style makes this game somehow better? If you want to promote a game, you could at least link to the gog wishlist.
Guter: What about these games is Japanese? I don't get it. Westly looking, round eyed, child like looking female characters? What's Japanese? Is it Japanese to have vending machines which offer used female underwear?
Many of them are made in Japan by Japanese developers, Japanese artists, and Japanese voice actors. They could only be more Japanese by being set in Japan (like Tokyo Xanadu) and only being for sale to the Japanese.

> Is it Japanese to have vending machines which offer used female underwear?

Yes! I can only hope we in the west can apropriate that piece of culture too.
Holy discounts, Batman...this is one of the best sales I have seen on here in a long time! Good job, GOG.
rjbuffchix: Holy discounts, Batman...this is one of the best sales I have seen on here in a long time! Good job, GOG.
Speaking of Batman... Wondering when we're gonna get it here on GOG...
Hopefully it will happen someday...
tfishell: Japanese-themed? Square Enix, where are you? (And why hasn't Carpe Fulgur LLC games come back yet?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ5cH1Dh2G0
I keep asking Andrew Dice on twitter and he keeps saying "SOON". So... uh, maybe never?
J_Darnley: You two seem quite knowledgeable so I'll ask you this. Which of these VNs have more than just reading and dialogue selection in them? Something to make them more of a "game". I see that the new release Serment - Contract with a Devil has some dungeon crawler in it. A couple have a "managerial" sub-genre.
Agh, I'm sorry I missed this, blasted Galaxy didn't give me a reply notification. :/

Well, the sale is over now, but if you're still after VNs with gameplay, I'll expand my response to include all titles that fit your criteria currently on GOG:
- Serment (Recettear-style debt repayment, dungeon crawling)
- Corpse Party series, barring "Sweet Sachiko" (puzzles, brief moments of.. er.. "ducking and weaving" for lack of a better description)
- VA-11 HALL-A (bartending minigame, stat/happiness management)
- 2064: Read Only Memories (point-and-click adventure, choices affect ending)
- Monster Prom (dating sim: stat management, affection points gathering)
- Hatoful Boyfriend (dating sim: stat management, affection points gathering)
- I'm unfamiliar with them personally, but the Sunrider games have gameplay in them

Apart from these, are the titles that are a lot more "game" than "VN" (The World Next Door, Neptunia series, Mary Skelter, Caligula, Trails, Herald, maybe Pyre).
I've probably missed a bunch, but hope this helps!
Post edited April 16, 2019 by personthingy
maybe if they had dynasty warriors and gundam on here id be interested sadly they dnt yet