It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a lone French soldier during the First World War, as he navigates twisted trenches, scavenge for limited supplies, and solve complex puzzles to survive. CONSCRIPT is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! Experience classic and methodical survival horror gameplay in a unique historical setting: the Battle of Verdun.

Want to experience the gruelling horror of the virtual trenches right now? Check out the game’s demo for free!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Game demo is on Steam, i found the game searching for demos, downloaded the demo and played it, that is tried to play it, the demo is/was ( i don't know if they updated the demo) cpu hungry and a little gpu basher.

Anyway i don't know if they updated the first demo cause that one is unplayable for me, will try the 1.5.0.4 GOG demo , if it runs well , then it may had an update : cause the old Steam demo i have is far from optimised.
Dogmaus: Is the character extremely slow, like he's walking underwater for you too? Also, I see RUMBLE off but the controller rumble went off like a damned soul.
edit: I found the run key XD but it still feels slow as a movement. Beybe it's because it was originally 3D and they fell in the trap of old slow 3D animation?
Slow ? maybe it's the old demo.... that one is slow on my 9700K , it puts a huge cpu load on the processor,
it may also need a beter gpu , seems the old gtx 750 2 GB can't handle it , eventhough the graphics look very pixelated

installed the demo and checked some files:

edit: it's the same alpha demo

windowed mode seems to be playable but everything is too small on a 1024x768

Anyway with a large screen and at least a GTX 960 it may play very well.
Attachments:
Post edited November 10, 2020 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: ]
Slow ? maybe it's the old demo..
It's just the GOG demo. I think the character animation and movement are "90s 3D models slow" if you know what I mean. I'm not sure that's the way the game should be running.
gamesfreak64: ]
Slow ? maybe it's the old demo..
Dogmaus: It's just the GOG demo. I think the character animation and movement are "90s 3D models slow" if you know what I mean. I'm not sure that's the way the game should be running.
It is a 90s game by the look of it, but not all 90 games were slow, unless the classic RES1 ,2 and 3 were no 90s games. ???

Te RE2 and RE 3 ( classic) ( CDROM) played pretty well on m old double core and old P2, it runs awfull on my old quad core with gtx750) under XP(32bits) and win7 64 bits, it even runs terrible
on my i7-9700K. I have seen the hd remakes and tbh i don't like them, i prefer 2.5 d anytime, no 3d or fpp versions for me :D ( Baldurs is also FPP now ٩(×̯×)۶, BASS ( beneath a steel sky) also became a modern 3pp/ fpp

Anyway, guess all games end up 3d or FPP ٩(×̯×)۶
gamesfreak64: It is a 90s game by the look of it, but not all 90 games were slow, unless the classic RES1 ,2 and 3 were no 90s games. ???

Te RE2 and RE 3 ( classic) ( CDROM) played pretty well on m old double core and old P2, it runs awfull on my old quad core with gtx750) under XP(32bits) and win7 64 bits, it even runs terrible
on my i7-9700K. I have seen the hd remakes and tbh i don't like them, i prefer 2.5 d anytime, no 3d or fpp versions for me :D ( Baldurs is also FPP now ٩(×̯×)۶, BASS ( beneath a steel sky) also became a modern 3pp/ fpp

Maybe this example will make you understand what I mean by 90s-3d slow.

See how all the running, the flying, them entering the house seem to be in slow-mo? It's like the animators did not understand they could skip some frames, or physics. The fact that not all games had this problem makes it only worse for those who had it. These people ditched 2D for 3D but they had no clue. And this is not the worst offender, just that I'm retrying to play it now and I thought of this thread again. To me 3D was a bad step back in graphics and I almost quit gaming until - or with the exception of - the Nintendo DS and MAME.
https://youtu.be/KljAkCs4YXU?t=165

By the way, did anyone manage to replay the demo after dying once?
Post edited November 14, 2020 by Dogmaus
gamesfreak64: It is a 90s game by the look of it, but not all 90 games were slow, unless the classic RES1 ,2 and 3 were no 90s games. ???

Dogmaus: Maybe this example will make you understand what I mean by 90s-3d slow.

See how all the running, the flying, them entering the house seem to be in slow-mo? It's like the animators did not understand they could skip some frames, or physics. The fact that not all games had this problem makes it only worse for those who had it. These people ditched 2D for 3D but they had no clue. And this is not the worst offender, just that I'm retrying to play it now and I thought of this thread again. To me 3D was a bad step back in graphics and I almost quit gaming until - or with the exception of - the Nintendo DS and MAME.
https://youtu.be/KljAkCs4YXU?t=165

By the way, did anyone manage to replay the demo after dying once?
Thank you for your reply it's been most helfpull, now i know for sure 3d is not that good as many makes us believe it is, too many developers switched to 3D which is the reason i bought less games then when i first joined: i bought every 2d game i played in the past.
Now that i have all good games i am mainly buying casual games since 2018, many are in 2d or 2.5d have nice non 3d graphics which i prefer, the only exception i made is Gorky 17 :D i like the game, i bought it when it was released in a gamesshop , that is a real shop with physical games , things i can see, and touch , thats the way i am used to , been playing for 40 years now ( maybe more) and i really miss the game shops.

I noticed developers may have become ""lazy"" in developing games: everyone has a super fast PC ,
so they dont even bother to optmise games, many games are loaded with heavy physics ( rain, thunder with lightning and more effects that only put more strain on a pc, and imho dont ad anything to the game itself.

In the past many developers gave an option to disable all ""eycandy"and heavy effects , this way they could sell the game to almost anyone , if and when gamers upgraded their hardware they could turn on all the eyecandy , today that is nerarly no longer avaialable, thats why i started simple casualgames.

One benefit : it saves me lot's of money , i used to buy at least 4 games a month ( online digital games),
sometimes 6 or 8 games a month , but now i buy maybe 2 or 4 games, and i buy 90% during a huge sale instead of at release of the game :D ( thats why i was able to get a new setup, and maybe have enough to buy another one one next year )

Anyway, i have a huge backlog ...................... :D