It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a lone French soldier during the First World War, as he navigates twisted trenches, scavenge for limited supplies, and solve complex puzzles to survive. CONSCRIPT is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! Experience classic and methodical survival horror gameplay in a unique historical setting: the Battle of Verdun.

Want to experience the gruelling horror of the virtual trenches right now? Check out the game’s demo for free!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Interesting theme.
Though I'm not sure if I like that graphical style.
To my layman's eye it looks like they had (hi-res?) 3D models and used a pixel-filter on them.
Which begs the question: why?
Thank you for including a demo - way too rare of a thing these days. Definitely going to check it out.
BreOl72: why?
To hide something :D Perhaps – to hide ugly models behind "it's an pixel art, don't you dare to complain".
I like well-done pixels, but in this case it's not that hand-drawn, perfectly designed pixel art game. It looks just ugly, I'm afraid. But there's a demo – I'll try it for sure, as this kind of graphics may work fine in practice. Will see.
Post edited November 06, 2020 by ciemnogrodzianin
Nice, not my cup of tea but the graphics are tempting me to try the demo.
Intriguing. And the artstyle is great for the type of gameplay, reminiscent of that adventure game in the SScthulu verse I can't remember the name.

I may try the demo.

Oh, I'm dissapointed I thought there were french texts and voices. :P
Post edited November 06, 2020 by Zoidberg
Gas, Gas everywhere!

Then there's https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/ -- 1917 (2019), possibly the last great movie before the lockdown hit the theaters.

Mild spoiler:

> Even their rats are bigger than ours.
Very cool. With regards to protagonist driven WW1 games we have, what, Iron Storm and NecroVision?

Looking forward to and wishlisted.
Is the character extremely slow, like he's walking underwater for you too? Also, I see RUMBLE off but the controller rumble went off like a damned soul.
edit: I found the run key XD but it still feels slow as a movement. Beybe it's because it was originally 3D and they fell in the trap of old slow 3D animation?
Post edited November 07, 2020 by Dogmaus
BreOl72: Interesting theme.
Though I'm not sure if I like that graphical style.
To my layman's eye it looks like they had (hi-res?) 3D models and used a pixel-filter on them.
Which begs the question: why?
It reminds me of what they did with Ultima VIII / Crusader, but dirtier.
More like pixel fart, am I right? Eh, eh? Is this thing on?
One thing weird about the demo, it looks like it can be played only once? Once you die there is no way to restart it. Anyway I am curious about this and I could pick it up "one day". What are similiar games to this one?
Post edited November 07, 2020 by Dogmaus
Me: "Interesting, a survival horror game with no monste-"
Sees last few seconds of trailer.
I remember watching someone play the beta version of this game. This game is pretty amazing for a top down horror game! Atmosphere is the strong point of this game and the sense of dread felt similar like when I play the original Resident Evil.
Graphical style looks cool to me, interested me alone from that, while I do prefer more Unreal Engine type graphics, nonetheless it takes stones for an indie game to not use the typical 2D pixel platform style these days.