It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Well thats it, bye bye CD Project Red.

Luckily i did not pre order your Cyberpunk game.

Will NOT buy your game anymore.

I cannot believe CD Project Red went WOKE .

Keep your game, you lost my support and money.

*Moded, hate speech and discrimination are not allowed on the forum.
Post edited August 29, 2019 by Ashleee
Do we really give a shit tho.
low rated
Lmao. I think they handled it correctly. There are no genders in the game. So you cannot really complain.
high rated
Unless I'm missing something, is there some link to describe what OP is referring to?
OP went round the bend.
lonewolfgk: there is ONLY 2 GENDERS.
If I'm not mistaken that's still the case - for example, when selecting the voice over you'll be able to choose between male or female voice over?
And during dialogue you'll be addressed accordingly via "he" or "she"? I highly doubt CDPR recorded all dialogue lines for a third, fourth or nth time.
lonewolfgk: Well thats it, bye bye CD Project Red.

Luckily i did not pre order your Cyberpunk game.

Will NOT buy your game anymore.

I cannot believe CD Project Red went WOKE as well and want to push their Political Correctness.

They also want to push this mental illness.

CD Project RED, there is ONLY 2 GENDERS.

Keep your game, you lost my support and money.

So sick of all these SJW's and companies wanting to please their mental illness.

Very sneaky CD Project Red, you build up hype and get people excited about your game and when numbers look good you put your mental illness POLITICAL CORRECTNESS in the game.
You waited until you had so many pre orders and now you PUSH YOUR AGENDA.

Well F off, will never buy anything from you again.
My goodness, you are forbidding yourself the most promising game of the next years because of a small, not gamplay relevant detail?

How do you survive everyday life with such a sensitive mindset?

Keep calm and try to have fun with games. Playing Cyberpunk 2077 won't change your gender nor will turn youn into a much feared commie lefitist.
high rated
AB2012: Unless I'm missing something, is there some link to describe what OP is referring to?
Here is the full link which the OP is referring to:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/23/cyberpunk-2077-gamescom-2019-interview-paint-picture-let-player-interpret-10618408/

Also I have attached a screenshot of the relevant part of the interview. Personally I think people are overreacting to this since these type of character selection options were also in the Saints Row games before.
Attachments:
high rated
Keeps surprising me how upset some people can get over this.

It's *Cyberpunk*. Unless I'm mistaken this is a world where people can switch bodyparts on the fly. You really think something like gender is not going to have been diluted in a world like that where you can essentially just switch to another body if you wanted to?

If that's an issue for someone why would they be interested in a game in this universe to begin with?
Post edited August 29, 2019 by Pheace
AB2012: Unless I'm missing something, is there some link to describe what OP is referring to?
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/15/cyberpunk-2077s-character-creator-will-include-nonbinary-gender-options

So instead of choosing gender (the option no longer exist) the player chose body types, and can mix up voice, face and body types if they wish.

This makes perfect sense in a cyberpunk world with body modifications and cyborgs, and fits with the literature. Motoko, for example (Ghost in the Shell) is hinted in the original manga to be a male brain in a female looking body.
stg83: Here is the full link which the OP is referring to:
Thank you. I missed that interview.
stg83: I have attached a screenshot of the relevant part of the interview.
So, basically devs just call characters sex a "body type". I'm not sure that tey'll be able to sit on two chairs with this one.
Gee willikers.
amok: So instead of choosing gender (the option no longer exist) the player chose body types, and can mix up voice, face and body types if they wish.

This makes perfect sense in a cyberpunk world with body modifications and cyborgs, and fits with the literature.
Cool! Can't wait for installing rotors for my char and becoming attack helicopter.
Cyberpunk as a genre obviously has a long tradition of propagating traditional gender and family roles, changing the word gender to body type, how dare they?!

What a non-issue.