It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

vsr: CDP can easily get away with this. They should just say that they are targeting biggest market for games - USA. As a result, CDP should align with it's politics - non-binary gender politics.
I doubt the number of people in the USA who would say they favor ditching gender concepts is very high. It's a small percentage that are very loud on social media and get a lot of attention in the media, but basically mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. Walk around the malls and events in the USA and you'll see 99.9% of people following normal social gender concepts.
vsr: Basically, CDP should send all angered buyers to USA Department of State.
GameRager: For what? Why report such people? Or am I misreading what you wrote?
You misread it.
I mean, they should blame theirs government, instead of blaming a commercial company, which wants to earn money.
Pheace: Since they're pretty much doing away with 3rd party cutscenes is this really still worth arguing over? You'll barely ever see your character anyway.
GameRager: Why? Many games like DA: Origins and others have been able to run cutscenes that show however the characters/party look at the time just fine.
CDPR says removing 3rd person camera for cutscenes will benefit Cyberpunk 2077 from "gameplay and story-telling perspectives"

The reasoning sounds about as convincing as that dev that claimed 720p was done on purpose for 'cinematic effect', especially given the change in development comes so close to release.

It's not entirely cut but only going to appear 'very occasionally' in cutscenes, I assume in a cutscene that will involve looking through a hacked eye and seeing yourself or something similar. Beyond that it's pretty much in the inventory screen and the occasional mirror reflection.
Post edited September 02, 2019 by Pheace
GameRager: For what? Why report such people? Or am I misreading what you wrote?
vsr: You misread it.
I mean, they should blame theirs government, instead of blaming a commercial company, which wants to earn money.
Sorry then. To me I think the company should be a small bit to blame for doing so to pander, but also the gov't and more so the social media people which push such into being the way things are done in a country.

Pheace: The reasoning sounds about as convincing as that dev that claimed 720p was done on purpose for 'cinematic effect', especially given the change in development comes so close to release.

It's not entirely cut but only going to appear 'very occasionally' in cutscenes, I assume in a cutscene that will involve looking through a hacked eye and seeing yourself or something similar. Beyond that it's pretty much in the inventory screen and the occasional mirror reflection.
So it's to cut corners?

I don't get why they need to with around 10 months until launch, though.
Post edited September 02, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: I don't get why they need to with around 10 months until launch, though.
On that same note I don't get why they were promoting their extensive character customization so heavily in the beginning if you're barely going to see it.
GameRager: I don't get why they need to with around 10 months until launch, though.
Pheace: On that same note I don't get why they were promoting their extensive character customization so heavily in the beginning if you're barely going to see it.
Because of WHAT was changed and how....to appeal to certain groups and media outlets who can push the game to such people and othe....I mean(as said in Bruce Almighty) "to make the children and people happy?". ;)
vsr: CDP can easily get away with this. They should just say that they are targeting biggest market for games - USA. As a result, CDP should align with it's politics - non-binary gender politics.
StingingVelvet: I doubt the number of people in the USA who would say they favor ditching gender concepts is very high. It's a small percentage that are very loud on social media and get a lot of attention in the media, but basically mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. Walk around the malls and events in the USA and you'll see 99.9% of people following normal social gender concepts.
Donald Trump during election campaign was complaining that you won't see the word "Christmas" in stores.
They use "Happy Holidays", he said.

^I doubt the number of people in the USA who would like to ditch the word "Christmas" was high too.
But it was ditched.
vsr: ^I doubt the number of people in the USA who would like to ditch the word "Christmas" was high too.
But it was ditched.
It was ditched to get them to shut up and to pander to such people(and for stores not to get sued).
vsr: Donald Trump during election campaign was complaining that you won't see the word "Christmas" in stores. They use "Happy Holidays", he said.

^I doubt the number of people in the USA who would like to ditch the word "Christmas" was high too.
But it was ditched.
I mean, you live in Russia so how do you know? People say merry Christmas all the time here, it's just certain big companies that asked their cashiers and stuff to say happy holidays instead because you might be checking out a Jewish person or something. It's fine. You guys get upset over the smallest things.
StingingVelvet: I mean, you live in Russia so how do you know? People say merry Christmas all the time here, it's just certain big companies that asked their cashiers and stuff to say happy holidays instead because you might be checking out a Jewish person or something. It's fine. You guys get upset over the smallest things.
Good point, but imo if a cashier/etc wanted to say such to a person(and not on behalf of the store) then imo they should be able to. It's not like the store's signs would only say merry christmas or happy hannukah.
vsr: Donald Trump during election campaign was complaining that you won't see the word "Christmas" in stores. They use "Happy Holidays", he said.

But it was ditched.
StingingVelvet: I mean, you live in Russia so how do you know?
Memes!
StingingVelvet: I mean, you live in Russia so how do you know?
vsr: Memes!
That's how much substance is left in this world.
GameRager: Good point, but imo if a cashier/etc wanted to say such to a person(and not on behalf of the store) then imo they should be able to. It's not like the store's signs would only say merry christmas or happy hannukah.
I mean if I heard about a girl being fired for saying the wrong one or something it would make me angry, but as a general guideline I'm fine with it. Especially in areas where a lot of Jewish or whoever the hell celebrates Kwanza people live.