It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witcher 3 often crashes on the RTX3070TI SUPRIM X graphics card.
The Witcher 3 crashes when loading saves, fast travel and during gameplay.
Please help me or fix it.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Jakub_Piechocki: The Witcher 3 often crashes on the RTX3070TI SUPRIM X graphics card.
Yea, game been pretty much unplayable since the 4.x patch. (Both on 3080 and 4080 RTX - Win10)

At least it doesn't crash immediately anymore (like it with with the 4.0 patch) but still crashes after less than 15 minutes of gameplay.

Tried today with latest patch. Played about 10 minutes before crash.
Post edited July 27, 2023 by instant0
Jakub_Piechocki: The Witcher 3 often crashes on the RTX3070TI SUPRIM X graphics card.
The uselessness of the game programmers is hopeless, the only remedy left is to play the DX11 version.
Been having the same issue. Game crashes quite often in Velen (Was fine before that). Could be while playing, or in the menu (sometimes equipping a sword can crash the game). It's my first playthrough, I was waiting for the game to be more stable, guess I could have waited a bit more...

Edit: After some test, I think Frame Generation is the problem for me. The game crashes very often (especially in the menu) with DLSS 3 on, but it's more stable without it (not perfect, but better). I do hope they will fix this as the framerate is quite low without Frame generation (at least on my 4080).
Post edited July 30, 2023 by SolarField
SolarField: Been having the same issue. Game crashes quite often in Velen (Was fine before that). Could be while playing, or in the menu (sometimes equipping a sword can crash the game). It's my first playthrough, I was waiting for the game to be more stable, guess I could have waited a bit more...

Edit: After some test, I think Frame Generation is the problem for me. The game crashes very often (especially in the menu) with DLSS 3 on, but it's more stable without it (not perfect, but better). I do hope they will fix this as the framerate is quite low without Frame generation (at least on my 4080).
I think 4.02 or 4.03 was more stable than 4.04.

I wish I could downgrade to 3.x something and play that, sure it might look a bit uglier but at least it didn't crash all the time.
Good news peeps, the new 2023-08 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5029351), fixes the crashes completely. Enjoy!
not true, after update crashes continue.
correction, > the sme name of update , but different number, i am in 21H2 build
Post edited August 31, 2023 by greybear
greybear: not true, after update crashes continue.
correction, > the sme name of update , but different number, i am in 21H2 build
yea, pretty much given up this game since it just keeps crashing.
yeah..the 404 patch crashes like a bitch. Tonight I was gonna play for a while,the game crashed on me 2-3 times in like10 15 mins...never really had these problems while I was on 1.31 on the regular Witcher 3..this new version looks like a damned disaster...it is another Cyberpunk 2077 all over again..they cannot come to their senses in a respect DONT FIX IT IF IT AINT BROKEN
Altean, I fixed this problem, to do 3 stage:
1) Downgraded windows 11 from 23h2 to 22h2 and updating Nvidia driver to last version; 2) Removing game and installed again game; 3) I remembered that I changed the swap file set a small size of megabytes and returned the size set by the system. After stage 3, I didn't get any more game crashes.

And also after the second stage I got the same game crashes and changed the graphics settings from extreme to high. Therefore, try the proposed options, and something will help.
Post edited December 14, 2023 by Malderr
I turned back the graphics settings from high to extreme and the game still runs fine without crashes. So the problem was that the swap file had custom parameters with a small number of megabytes, but when switched to automatic settings by the system or manually specifying the same parameters of the swap file offered by the system, then the game works perfectly.
I really like this game, but version 4.04 is a disaster.
I wonder how and why to release this version on PC.
It crashes on several operating systems with different hardware (processor, graphics, etc.).
As reliable as versions 1.31 and 1.32 are, the PC version of 4.04 is not a technical success.
I wonder why CD Projekt made this version for PCs.

For my part i7 7700 and nvidia 1070 windows 10 22H2 directx 12
Post edited December 23, 2023 by np-cr
Can also confirm that 4.0.4 is incredibly crash-prone for me. When I load a game, there's a 50-60% chance it'll crash during the load screen. It'll also sometimes crash when changing equipment in the inventory screen. Didn't encounter any such issues when I tested out the classic version.
Post edited March 06, 2024 by _DickJustice_
I have a rtx4070super and a r7 5800X3D...

DX11 Version run like a charm and after this (useless?) Red Launcher 4.04a patch I cant play the whole game in DX12 - just stuck in a black screen("Loading...*stuck*") with some ambient sounds... wtf?!
Post edited March 06, 2024 by IchmagDUG
The random crashes I was getting when loading a save seem to have stopped now that I've turned off hairworks. Guessing that's why the setting is turned off by default when you select the highest graphics preset.