It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,

this is my problem:

I,ve managed to download the whole 1.08 patch via GOG.

At this time my current w3 directory was in C:\..., also my gog folder.

then, because of hdd space issues, i just decide to move the whole game folder to my second
hdd on F: - i´m also did not to forget to change the registry with the new path and even using the "scan and import
folder" function in gog to ensure that everything is in order.

When i start the patch_witcher3_1.01-1.08.4_2.0.0.39.exe it start the installation. but the patch.log
telling that it could write the files to the destination´s. First i assumed it was just a write protection in
the w3 folder, but thats seemed not the case.

I guess the patch still expect the game in the old folder ? And is there a way to let the patch
learn the new folder ?

This is my current registry and the patch log. Please, see the attachment.

Thanks for your help lads
Attachments:
reg.png (62 Kb)
patch.png (40 Kb)
Post edited October 04, 2015 by Clipedai
Clipedai: Hello,

this is my problem:

I,ve managed to download the whole 1.08 patch via GOG.

At this time my current w3 directory was in C:\..., also my gog folder.

then, because of hdd space issues, i just decide to move the whole game folder to my second
hdd on F: - i´m also did not to forget to change the registry with the new path and even using the "scan and import
folder" function in gog to ensure that everything is in order.

When i start the patch_witcher3_1.01-1.08.4_2.0.0.39.exe it start the installation. but the patch.log
telling that it could write the files to the destination´s. First i assumed it was just a write protection in
the w3 folder, but thats seemed not the case.

I guess the patch still expect the game in the old folder ? And is there a way to let the patch
learn the new folder ?

This is my current registry and the patch log. Please, see the attachment.

Thanks for your help lads
exact same problem :/
Clipedai: At this time my current w3 directory was in C:\..., also my gog folder.
hdd on F:
A mistake. The time you have spent, and will spend, trying to correct this could have been used to do things correctly, meaning uninstall/reinstall. If you had done that -- you still should -- you would be playing the patched game right now.
@Hickory

mmh... your suggestion could be right, but i actually solve the problem by myself.

After my first post, i was study the registry again and it just took me a few secondes to figure it out. What i´ve done wrong was: i copied the new location into every excepting place in the registry, just by using copy and paste. I filled in this / F:/ The witcher..../bin/x64/witcher3.exe" - Which is wrong! Because the path for the working directory must be not including the exe. just the whole game location. Thats all, after correcting that, the patch worked immediately.
Post edited October 05, 2015 by Clipedai
If you ever try to uninstall through windows you'll just start the game as your uninstall command is linked to the game executable as well.
Clipedai: @Hickory

mmh... your suggestion could be right, but i actually solve the problem by myself.

After my first post, i was study the registry again and it just took me a few secondes to figure it out. What i´ve done wrong was: i copied the new location into every excepting place in the registry, just by using copy and paste. I filled in this / F:/ The witcher..../bin/x64/witcher3.exe" - Which is wrong! Because the path for the working directory must be not including the exe. just the whole game location. Thats all, after correcting that, the patch worked immediately.