It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good news! The Waylanders title becomes a full-fledged game on GOG today.
Genre: RPG
Moi ben!
low rated
Why does GOG list this game as $39.99 USD MSRP, and with no discount...

...yet Steam lists this same game as $34.99 USD MSRP, and with a 20% discount, and so therefore a current selling price of $27.99 USD?
Post edited February 02, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Why does GOG list this game as $39.99 USD MSRP, and with no discount...

...yet Steam lists this same game as $34.99 USD MSRP, and with a 20% discount, and so therefore a current selling price of $27.99 USD?
I just want to quote the developer from the release statement on Steam:

"In an earlier post, we’d mentioned that the price of The Waylanders would be increasing. We have decided to hold off on increasing the price to $39.99 until at least a few updates have been made. We have also increased the launch discount to 20% off. "

https://steamcommunity.com/app/957710

So I'm wondering whose fault this was or if it's on purpose oO
low rated
Schlaumayr: So I'm wondering whose fault this was or if it's on purpose oO
Either way, it seems like a major scam for GOG customers to be charged a much higher price than Steam customers have to pay on launch day, for the exact same game.

Unless the devs make that right, and give GOG customers the same price that they give Steam customers, then I won't buy this game, ever.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Why does GOG list this game as $39.99 USD MSRP, and with no discount...

and then they are surprised why people dont buy on gog
low rated
Looked at the page for the game, and my impressions:
+: There's screenshots of character creation, which is something that's often overlooked for RPG pages here. (Now if only they'd put a screenshot of the stat and inventory screens...)
-: Real time with pause combat is a dealbreaker for me.
Sorry if this is a silly question but does this game have arpg elements in it like direct combat: titan quest/grimdawn?
low rated
novumZ: Sorry if this is a silly question but does this game have arpg elements in it like direct combat: titan quest/grimdawn?
From the game page:

MAIN FEATURES
The Waylanders is an exciting fantasy RPG inspired by classics such as Dragon Age: Origins, Neverwinter Nights, and Baldur’s Gate.
So, expect it to play similarly to those games, particularly since there's also an explicit mention of "real time with pause".
low rated
Orkhepaj: and then they are surprised why people dont buy on gog
Yup, that's a great point.

Even if the devs eventually fix the price scam on GOG, then by the time when that fix actually happens, chances are everyone who wanted the game a lot would have already bought it on Steam for a much cheaper price long before that point, so GOG still won't be getting most of that money anyway.

This is the kind of problem that GOG staff should have taken care of it before it happened.
The guy who speaks in the trailer... is that actor Ralph Ineson?
low rated

weird, it says its $13.31 bucks on my end

Obviously the ones that are checking on Steam are basically buying it based on price and dont care about drm free

FWIW i bought the game while it was still in dev. cant rightly remember how and why i bought it.. but the 30GB download...........better try it when im in the mood
Post edited February 03, 2022 by Niggles
low rated
Niggles: Obviously the ones that are checking on Steam are basically buying it based on price and dont care about drm free
Not necessarily.

Price is always a large factor in any & every buying decision.

Even those who prefer DRM-free games on GOG are probably generally not going to accept being price-gouged for the "privilege" of having a DRM-free game, and will therefore happily the buy the game on Steam instead, or otherwise, not buy the game at all on any platform if they resent this unethical, price-gouging treatment.

Just like how most GOG customers happily buy games on Steam if they think those games will never be coming to GOG.

Contrary to the sentiment in that quoted post, for most GOG customers, preferring DRM-free games does not mean they will insist upon buying only DRM-free games, and especially not so at any cost.
Post edited February 03, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Niggles: Obviously the ones that are checking on Steam are basically buying it based on price and dont care about drm free
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Not necessarily.

Price is always a large factor in any & every buying decision.

Even those who prefer DRM-free games on GOG are probably generally not going to accept being price-gouged for the "privilege" of having a DRM-free game, and will therefore happily the buy the game on Steam instead, or otherwise, not buy the game at all on any platform if they resent this unethical, price-gouging treatment.

Just like how most GOG customers happily buy games on Steam if they think those games will never be coming to GOG.

Contrary to the sentiment in that quoted post, for most GOG customers, preferring DRM-free games does not mean they will insist upon buying only DRM-free games, and especially not so at any cost.
Then better don't buy it at all, people that buy DRMed Games/peruse Steam are part of the problem gaming had for years.
Post edited February 03, 2022 by Reaper9988