It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In a mood for a point-and-click horror adventure? We got you! We Are Not Alone is now out!

We Are Not Alone presents a unique horror experience, blending first-person and third-person adventure elements. You’ll get to engage in an isolation experiment, where you are considered safe, and delve into a vast underground facility. Your journey involves solving puzzles and unraveling the secret of an unfamiliar creature; just be cautious not to make eye contact.

Now on GOG!
I think we are. There doesn't seem to be anyone around.
GOG.com: Release: We Are Not Alone
Yeah, well...of course, you aren't alone...not with those security precautions...
Attachments:
Looks bland and crappy! Asset flip "game"?
Post edited March 28, 2024 by Guter
high rated
Guter: Looks bland and crappy! Asset flip "game"?
I thought the same thing when I saw this game for the first time. Then I played the demo and... well, it's not AAA or anything but I actually had fun with this game, I was really surprised myself. I didn't expect much but got a very solid experience :)

I will definetly buy this tonight or tomorrow!
is this an old game or a new game? :D
XYCat: is this an old game or a new game?
A new game that's made to look old.
Attachments:
Oof. I love FPS horror and point and click, but that description makes it seem like a jarring combination of the worst traits of both. Going to give it a miss.
Post edited March 28, 2024 by paladin181
"I never played the game but I hate it"

GoG community.
Atreyu666: "I never played the game but I hate it"

GoG community.
"Nobody said they hate this game, but I'm going to mischaracterize the handful of negative/dubious comments as the entire GOG 'community' hating it anyway."

Atreyu666. [Or rather, following the above logic, "all Germans". =P ]
HunchBluntley: "Nobody said they hate this game, but I'm going to mischaracterize the handful of negative/dubious comments as the entire GOG 'community' hating it anyway."

Atreyu666. [Or rather, following the above logic, "all Germans". =P ]
"Nobody ever said GoG is a 'toxic cesspit'"

*Looks at the community wishlist*

:)
Post edited March 29, 2024 by Atreyu666
high rated
I played the demo last year and bought the full version yesterday and played a couple of hours of it yesterday evening. Whilst it's a fairly low-budget game, and there are possibly some mild release-day bugs (on my PC at least, the resolution options got stuck on "Checking...") it's actually pretty good :)

So far, the story is surprisingly compelling and definitely one of the best parts of the game. The gameplay so far is mostly a mixture of narrative and "point and click" puzzle-solving. Puzzles aren't my strong point but, although there don't seem to be many walkthroughs on the internet yet, I was actually able to solve all of the puzzles I've encountered so far after some thought, exploration, searching for clues and/or trial and error.

There are some brief "run and hide" type horror segments but with "point and click" controls (which is awkward, but works in context and adds suspense). The switch from first-person to fixed camera angles is a fun gimmick as well. And the game contrives moments where you have to use the latter.

So far, it's more of a sci-fi horror "point and click" than a survival horror game, but don't let the jankiness and low-budget graphics put you off, this is more than a rushed "asset flip" game. it's an actual proper game with a story and gameplay and stuff and - as mentioned earlier - a surprisingly compelling story as well.
Post edited March 29, 2024 by pekoeblaze
Breja: I think we are. There doesn't seem to be anyone around.
I see what you did there.
Breja: I think we are. There doesn't seem to be anyone around.
The royal "we".

- Jeffrey Lebowski
pekoeblaze: So far, it's more of a sci-fi horror "point and click" than a survival horror game, but don't let the jankiness and low-budget graphics put you off, this is more than a rushed "asset flip" game. it's an actual proper game with a story and gameplay and stuff and - as mentioned earlier - a surprisingly compelling story as well.
Thank you for finding much better words than I did! :)

I apologize for my behaviour a couple of posts earlier. I just tried to say the same thing, this game is more than meets they eye. Don't let the screenshots scare you off :)