It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Strike back against the Holy Empire.

<span class="bold">Warrior Kings</span>, a large-scale 3D RTS with a branching campaign, now DRM-free on GOG.com.

It is a time of ancient gods, warlords and kings.The Holy Empire is in turmoil. Reigned by a power-hungry Patriarch who wants to rule by any brutal means necessary, it will soon become the stage for full-scale war and desperate retribution. And you, as the wronged but righteous lord of a poorly treated fiefdom, will find yourself straight at the epicenter of the uprising that will shake the very foundations of the Empire.

The diverse philosophies of totalitarian theocracy, chaotic paganism and progressive enlightenment will clash in a spectacular and highly tactical fashion. Manage your troops and choose your own path to victory through the branching campaign of Warrior Kings that shifts along with your alignment. Worship the One God, cooperate with demons or harness the power of technology to rule the battlefield and lay siege to your enemies' settlements.

Weaponize your religious inclinations against other <span class="bold">Warrior Kings</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.
So it's here, nice, thank you GOG!
Strategy week here on GOG :)

I vaguely remember playing this one a while back.
Well this is the one I never played from this series. Will definitely get it some time later.
I tried playing this a long time ago and couldn't figure it out. Maybe I would get it now.
Odd that the sequel was released on GOG before the original. Made me think that there were issues with it. Guess not. Great to see it here!
Glad that they released both parts here.
Is this game similar to Age of Empires?
Hey, I remember this one! It kept crashing... and crashing... and crashing on me until I gave up. That was the first time I've witnessed such a thing... and also the last time. I guess throughout the years patches have been developed that solved these issues, so hopefully nobody will have to relive my cycle of restarting the game only for it to crash to desktop moments into the actual gameplay.
yyahoo: Odd that the sequel was released on GOG before the original. Made me think that there were issues with it. Guess not. Great to see it here!
There were which is why we had to delay the prequel :)
high rated
Vestin: Hey, I remember this one! It kept crashing... and crashing... and crashing on me until I gave up. That was the first time I've witnessed such a thing... and also the last time. I guess throughout the years patches have been developed that solved these issues, so hopefully nobody will have to relive my cycle of restarting the game only for it to crash to desktop moments into the actual gameplay.
I managed to finish the entire game on Windows 10 without any crash. Maybe there was once one after Alt+Tab.
yyahoo: Odd that the sequel was released on GOG before the original. Made me think that there were issues with it. Guess not. Great to see it here!
There were, we managed to fix issues that were present in previous versions (i.e. Steam one). So you were right :)
OK, so if I got this right, this game (WK) is a prequel to the sequel (WK:B) but said sequel (WK: B) was released on GOG before currently released prequel (WK).

My head hurts... :)

Anyway, it's nice to see more RTS added to GOG library!
hummmm... I just can't add any more RTS to my back log... Like the theme though.
Looks good, to bad about the 3d.... if it had been like age of empires 1 or 2 i would have bought it.

i got curious so i googled and i found out they made only 2 games?
i also searched for strategy first cause the name sounded vaguely familiar
i cant get the website to show anything: not in FF not in IE 11 and even not in chrome

check attached screenshot from FF

and website_in_IE_11

chrome also shows same and no content...
copyright shows 2012 so thats almost 4 years and no content on the site? unless they have gone broke.

i always check the developers cause most of the time they also have lots of other good games, which they apparently dont offer, kinda strange cause if a company is selling old game A, then why not sell all their old games?
The more games, the merrier :D , and more chances there be more different games for more users with different wishes, so the sales will benefit from that.
Attachments:
Post edited January 07, 2016 by gamesfreak64
One of my top favourite games. Thank you very much, GOG :)