It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Ready to cover your Vikings in sand and pass those scorpion-bite antidotes around? Well you better be, because the first promised DLC for Valhalla Hills is here and it sees your brave warriors take a detour through the desert in their way to Valhalla. Owners of the <span class="bold">Two Horned Helmet Edition</span> get the DLC for free and anyone that was still holding back can now go for the <span class="bold">Upgrade</span>. All editions are on a 25% discount until February 19, 1:59 PM GMT. Go and grab these deals by the horns, warrior!

Thrown from the gates of Asgard.

<span class="bold">Valhalla Hills</span> a viking city builder, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac and Linux.

The mightiest of warriors will be fallen in battle, slain by the swords and hands of their foes. The chosen revel in perennial glory, where wine flows eternal and time is naught.

Valhalla Hills is a viking-themed city builder and survival game that invokes memories of games like The Settlers, Cultures and Banished. In this world, entrance to Valhalla is only granted to those who are deemed worthy. The rest will wander the hills for eternity. But not you, you're going to prance right in there. That's going to take some preparation, but you're a true viking after all.

Even vikings need teamwork to overcome the randomly-generated challenges awaiting at the beautiful-but-harsh Valhalla Hills. Gather resources, build sturdy settlements, and guide your people through hardships and pitfalls to the promised halls of Valhalla.

You can also get the <span class="bold">Two Horned Helmet Edition</span> which features Sand of the Damned plus an upcoming DLC pack, an artbook, wallpaper, soundtrack, developer Video and 5 special in-game items!

Earn your place among warriors of legend by traversing <span class="bold">Valhalla Hills</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com.
Wishlisted for now. Seems like an interesting game but December is already an expensive month money wise so I'll probably pick it up within a few months. ;)
Nice release. Certainly seems interesting :-)
The reviews are not exactly stellar. Maybe they will improve the game with a few patches, but so far...nothing to inspire confidence.
Yeah finally. Downloading now.
wolfsrain: The reviews are not exactly stellar. Maybe they will improve the game with a few patches, but so far...nothing to inspire confidence.
It got a major update yesterday.
Reviews look good. Seems like my kind of management sim.

1) No direct control of minions, set tasks and AI decides
2) Military is actually optional
3) Graphics are colorful and fun
4) Not seeing reports of major bugs, imbalance or glitches
Post edited December 02, 2015 by Gilozard
Such a cute looking game :-) but is it enjoyable to play
wolfsrain: The reviews are not exactly stellar. Maybe they will improve the game with a few patches, but so far...nothing to inspire confidence.
lufu: It got a major update yesterday.
I really hope they will improve it. Seeing the recent Anno games (2070 and higher) and Settlers 7...i'd really like something more complex than those titles.
wolfsrain: I really hope they will improve it. Seeing the recent Anno games (2070 and higher) and Settlers 7...i'd really like something more complex than those titles.
Well it all depends on the dlc content at the end. At this point I can say its definitely a mix of Settlers and Cultures series. Will see how the game developers further when I play more and will write a review for it.
Post edited December 02, 2015 by Matruchus
wolfsrain: I really hope they will improve it. Seeing the recent Anno games (2070 and higher) and Settlers 7...i'd really like something more complex than those titles.
Matruchus: Well it all depends on the dlc content at the end. At this point I can say its definitely a mix of Settlers and Cultures series. Will see how the game developers further when I play more and will write a review for it.
Looking forward for an honest opinion.
I want a good review. I liked the Settlers [stopped after #4] and Anno games, but they became... too repetitive? too quickly for me. They just seemed to wear quickly on me.
From what I have seen this game won't fullfill your hopes. Expect similar complexity to what you could see in Settlers 2 10th anniversary
For me the crucial point is how strategic it will be. Just nice graphics is not what I want. I want a challenge and deep strategy. So I'll wait for the game to become complete and then read the reviews.
Whoa, GOG recycled the thread. Was confusing as hell at first, seeing all the old posts on a new announcement.