It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pine is now available, DRM-free. Get it 10% off until October 17th, 1pm UTC.

Pine is an open world action adventure simulation game. Set in the beautiful world of Albamare, you take on the role of Hue, a smart young adult who will have to explore, trade, and fight his way through a vibrant world filled with creatures much smarter than humans.
looks neat-o
Looks good - but with Corpse Party: Blood Drive releasing today... not sure I'll get both.
fortune_p_dawg: looks neat-o
Think of your family's savings! xD
Looks like something I wish I had time for, but will probably pass.
Damn you DAY, why can't you be 48h long, so we can play more games!?
Déjà vu, déjà joué. :/

Good luck to it and the devs though!
I'm very much interested, but I'll wait until I can read some impressions/reviews first.
guppy44: Think of your family's savings! xD
"Good news! Now we eat ramen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!" ;)
haha :P
I seriously want to like this game, but I don't like that you're not able to climb stuff like hills and trees. This game does seem to be vastly inspired by BOTW, yet rejecting most of its ideas, becoming more like a Twilight Princess sort of game, yet this game doesn't seem to be wholly inspired by Twilight Princess. I don't want to imply that Pine seems to be a bad game or anything, I just don't get that the devs are trying to archive by leaving such features out.

For instance, BOTW is so good because climbing stuff, which is a good way to let the player interact with the landscapes, was so integral regarding the core experience. Also note that newer Zelda games are very atmospheric, and the climbing feature, which is one of the most important ones, helped to convey that the world the player finds themselves in lives and breaths. Besides that, it sure helps in making the player believe the world around is full of wonder, giving the player even more incentives to explore it.

I really would've like if the dev team could've put some resources/some extra time and develop a way to enable the player to climb stuff and make it worthwhile gameplay wise, this game is inspired of BOTW after all and its fairly easy to look for inspiration, like they did with any other Zelda-like idea they put into the game judging from the gameplay. Making the player be able to only climb certain things where you can find hidden chests/goodies. At any case, theres always endless possibilities by implementing such a feature.

But perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps you can really climb hills or mountains, but I have yet to see videos about regarding such a feature.

On the plus side, this games artstyle is really unique and the rest of the games Zelda-like sentiments seem to be really on-the-nose here, the developers put great care in making a good homage. And a lot of people do like Zelda, so I'm sure that a lot of people will probably really enjoy this game as well. At any case, I wish the dev team good luck with this game and on further endeavors as well. Wishlisted for now.
Dray2k: I seriously want...
To be fair, these devs also don't have the size and budget that Nintendo has... I think the game is fabulous so far for what it is... the music, the presentation, the quality of everything is exceeding my expectations... very glad GOG and the dev/publisher decided to release it here
Dray2k: I seriously want to like this game, but I don't like that you're not able to climb stuff like hills and trees. This game does seem to be vastly inspired by BOTW, yet rejecting most of its ideas, becoming more like a Twilight Princess sort of game, yet this game doesn't seem to be wholly inspired by Twilight Princess. I don't want to imply that Pine seems to be a bad game or anything, I just don't get that the devs are trying to archive by leaving such features out.

For instance, BOTW is so good because climbing stuff, which is a good way to let the player interact with the landscapes, was so integral regarding the core experience. Also note that newer Zelda games are very atmospheric, and the climbing feature, which is one of the most important ones, helped to convey that the world the player finds themselves in lives and breaths. Besides that, it sure helps in making the player believe the world around is full of wonder, giving the player even more incentives to explore it.

I really would've like if the dev team could've put some resources/some extra time and develop a way to enable the player to climb stuff and make it worthwhile gameplay wise, this game is inspired of BOTW after all and its fairly easy to look for inspiration, like they did with any other Zelda-like idea they put into the game judging from the gameplay. Making the player be able to only climb certain things where you can find hidden chests/goodies. At any case, theres always endless possibilities by implementing such a feature.

But perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps you can really climb hills or mountains, but I have yet to see videos about regarding such a feature.

On the plus side, this games artstyle is really unique and the rest of the games Zelda-like sentiments seem to be really on-the-nose here, the developers put great care in making a good homage. And a lot of people do like Zelda, so I'm sure that a lot of people will probably really enjoy this game as well. At any case, I wish the dev team good luck with this game and on further endeavors as well. Wishlisted for now.
Is there key rebinding offered for both K&M/Controller? I'm ready to plunk down $22 for this...
takezodunmer2005: Is there key rebinding offered for both K&M/Controller? I'm ready to plunk down $22 for this...
There's EXTENSIVE key rebinding for both M/K and controllers... enough to make anyone happy, I'd guess (see attached)
Attachments:
Dray2k: snip
While graphically it may sort of resemble Breath of the Wild, from what I've read gameplay-wise it's something completely different. I just don't get why so many people insist on comparing the two simply due to looks. *shrug*

Also, the "climb everything" in BotW was fun for a while, but after some time I just could never shake how empty that world actually felt for the most part. If it wasn't hunting for seeds and the like there would have been little point to it, and that shit gets old after a while too. I enjoyed that game a fair bit, but I'd actually prefer a narrower more focused Zelda over it. *shrug* I'd also take some really well-designed dungeons over all the shrine puzzles. =/
takezodunmer2005: Is there key rebinding offered for both K&M/Controller? I'm ready to plunk down $22 for this...
Mawthra: There's EXTENSIVE key rebinding for both M/K and controllers... enough to make anyone happy, I'd guess (see attached)
In my cart right now! Thanks so much for the info! And thanks to GoG/devs for bringing this over here, Oh, and my wallet says: "up yours!" ;)
Mawthra: There's EXTENSIVE key rebinding for both M/K and controllers... enough to make anyone happy, I'd guess (see attached)
Thank you for not being lazy devs, this also should be the principal "feature" to be advertised. I sometimes refrain buying games that I am not sure I'll be able to play because of missing rebinding.
Mr.Mumbles: I'm very much interested, but I'll wait until I can read some impressions/reviews first.
Mr.Mumbles: "Good news! Now we eat ramen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!" ;)
Good: ramen is delicious! Especially the one with lard/bacon in it. :D
Post edited October 11, 2019 by Zoidberg