It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darksiders Genesis is now available for pre-order. Get it 15% off until release on December 5th.

From the dawn of creation, The Council has maintained the Balance across existence. Carrying out their orders are The Horsemen, Nephilim who have pledged themselves to the Council and been granted immense power. However, this power came at a tragic cost: the Horsemen were ordered to use their newfound strength to wipe out the rest of their kind. What followed was a bloody battle on Eden where the Horsemen, obeying the will of the Council, annihilated the Nephilim.

Darksiders Genesis is an action/adventure game that tears its way through hordes of demons, angels, and everything in-between on its way to Hell and back with guns blazing and swords swinging. Genesis gives players their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game, as well as introduces the horseman Strife.
So, is this an origin story or a prequel? Also, first. Do we do that anymore?
vidsgame: So, is this an origin story or a prequel? Also, first. Do we do that anymore?
Well i did that "first!" thingy quit a while ago - as i entered into the egg cell of my mothership (& slammed the door for my rivals)...but since then i´ve got other stuff to do. ;-)

On topic: yes, also very happy that they release it here. I like the series. & a new horseman sounds promising.

"...Genesis gives players their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game..."...so i would presume this starts before DS1?
Post edited October 18, 2019 by Paraharaha
Its style looks different... AGAIN! Now, what game genre is the new Darksiders, after? Please tell me beforehand, i didn't like Darksiders 3 the least bit, compared against 2 and 1!
Finally! I was getting worried this wasn't going to come to GOG. Just need pages for Destroy All Humans and Desperados III now!
Well, nice to see. Darksiders 3 wasn’t great, tried twice to get into it, and it just didn’t work on any level. 1 and 2 were really good games for what they were, so hoping this one will be good. I like the new perspective, shakes it up a bit. Not sure I would preorder based on number 3 though, that’s soured me to the series.
Looks really promising. Assuming more like an isometric action RPG?
Post edited October 18, 2019 by GenlyAi
Is this a joke?! It is almost like, I don't know...like the developer of this franchise not understanding what Darksiders is? They can't seem to settle on a style for this game. They more or less nailed it with Darksiders 2, then made a mess with 3, now it looks like it is just going backwards even further...
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Its style looks different... AGAIN! Now, what game genre is the new Darksiders, after? Please tell me beforehand, i didn't like Darksiders 3 the least bit, compared against 2 and 1!
This is more like an isometric RPG, similar to Diablo and Path of Exile
Yeeess!
Zergoss: This is more like an isometric RPG, similar to Diablo and Path of Exile
Really? Nowadays, pretty much everything, gets the Diablo-clone tag, without it being justified... Is it a hack and slash, isometric, 2,5D, action-RPG, then??
Dubya75: Is this a joke?! It is almost like, I don't know...like the developer of this franchise not understanding what Darksiders is? They can't seem to settle on a style for this game. They more or less nailed it with Darksiders 2, then made a mess with 3, now it looks like it is just going backwards even further...
What’s the problem. The only thing that appears to have changed is the perspective. Darksiders is an aRpg played from third person, this one is played from isometric. Personally I think the change might work, darksiders 3 showed the 3rd person was done to death.
vidsgame: So, is this an origin story or a prequel? Also, first. Do we do that anymore?
Paraharaha: Well i did that "first!" thingy quit a while ago - as i entered into the egg cell of my mothership (& slammed the door for my rivals)...but since then i´ve got other stuff to do. ;-)

On topic: yes, also very happy that they release it here. I like the series. & a new horseman sounds promising.

"...Genesis gives players their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game..."...so i would presume this starts before DS1?
I'm a Martian but I'm allowed dual citizenship, so it's all good.

Sounds interesting but I'll wait to see what this game really entails.

Yes, I definitely know this is before the first game, but I'm still confused on whether this sets up the events of the first one or is it a story of how it all kinda got started. Maybe, it's something entirely different. I guess we'll see. I'm thinking that Strife was the first horsemen who set things in motion but that could be speculation.
Im not typically big on the isometric anything, especially not shooters. I am, however, intrigued by the angels and demons topic. I havent played them yet, but I do own all the DS games on GoG.

I will likely preorder due to the low price, to support the dev releasing here, support GoG, and to keep the collection and story going. I have to admit I would have preordered a full price 3D open world like the last ones since they have a great record and this character looks like a complete bad ass.
Dubya75: Is this a joke?! It is almost like, I don't know...like the developer of this franchise not understanding what Darksiders is? They can't seem to settle on a style for this game. They more or less nailed it with Darksiders 2, then made a mess with 3, now it looks like it is just going backwards even further...
I liked 1 far better than 2. I have been sadly disappointed by each game since. This one can't disappoint me because I have no expectation for it to return to the form that DarkSiders 1 was.