It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Ok, in my Steam library my copy of "Surgeon Simulator" is titled just that, but when I click on the Steam link to purchase the "Surgeon Simulator 2013" it says it is already in my library on the Steam purchase page.

Even the Steam store lists it as "Surgeon Simulator 2013," yet looking at my "Recent activity" it still shows as "Surgeon Simulator" even though it has the SS2013 icon.

One suggestion, you might want to make REALLY CLEAR that the products must be identical, like for example one ***I ALREADY KNEW*** "The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut" is not the same as the "regular edition" "The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing."

Another that I think is already there but want to make sure happens; keep the refresh option so that those of us who want to keep our profiles private can use that when more games are released.
Faenrir: I have question regarding the privacy settings. While i understand the need for this to have the account set to public...i really dislike having my account as public. So is there a way to get this working without it or do i have to keep it that way ?
I would like to be able to put it back to private but i understand it would make you unable to check for those games on my steam library in the future...
Is there a workaround possible ? Or have you guys even thought about that issue ?
You only need to set your account public when you wish to "connect" and add games from Steam to GOG. After that you can switch it back to private. Then, in future, when you need to "connect" (if GOG has more games added), do the same thing again. Steam is not connected to GOG. They can only check when you "call" for them to check. In other words, this "check" only happens when the Steam API makes a request (like refreshing your account on GOG connect).
Post edited June 05, 2016 by Nicole28
TrevorWilliams: It's silly to be paranoid about Steam. Period.
gamefood: FTFY
I hope GOG will announce new elligibles in some way.

I'm already intentionally receiving duplicate notifications from GOG (e-mail and RSS) to avoid missing anything, I just went through the effort of setting up the Steam client in a semi-sandboxed VirtualBox VM (not a straightforward task) for key redemption, and it'd be a shame to miss one of the games I'm still in the process of redeeming (many many unredeemed keys) just because I was too busy to babysit the Connect page.
Post edited June 05, 2016 by ssokolow
Necross: Check back tomorrow. The same thing happened to me but after waiting overnight, the system spotted my games and gave the access to the gog installers.
Dave3d: I keep getting the 'No eligible games found', and it has connected just fine, and refreshed just fine, for 2 days now.
:(

I wonder if having steam guard on is causing this?
Does anyone else have steam guard on, but keep getting the 'No eligible games found' (yes, my profile and everything is public).

Or, what browser are you using?
I am using Firefox.
I've Steam guard on as well but it connected fine for me. (Redeemed Braid, vvvvv, and trine by following the same steps as Necross)

Edit: I'm did it through lightning on Android so I don't think browser could be causing issues.
Post edited June 05, 2016 by Hunter65536
Necross: @Dave3d I have steam guard and it worked fine. how often are you trying to connect? I know you do it too often you can flagged as a spammer in the system, then just it starts to ignore You. I recommend trying roughly every 12 hours.

Also I am using Firefox on an Android device so it may be a good idea when you do this to just make sure you're not doing it in a private Tab as of some of the security settings there may interfere with the transfer of data.
@Necross
I had contacted support, and I got 2 of the 5 games.
Those are in the regular 'Games' catagory.
The others are in my 'Favorites' or 'not installed' catagories.

So, maybe the issue is that they need to be in the default catagory, instead of a user made custom catagory?
Its worth a shot, to those that havent gotten them yet.
;)

Also, I have steam installed to C:\, but I have 4 other locations where steam installs games to (4 hdd's).
That could be the issue also.

Just suggestions for people to try.
Post edited June 05, 2016 by Dave3d
Elmofongo: Thank goodness my purchase is not wasted.
Pheace: Not yet at least ;)

It's an interesting move. On the one hand, short term, it actually discourages purchases on GOG over Steam if you're interested having it on both services and the game is currently on GOG Connect or you think it might be some day. (for those who don't mind using Steam of course)

On the other hand, long term this really jumpstarts people's GOG libraries, making them more likely to make future purchases or even make the switch entirely at some point.

It's basically the same thing Steam does with allowing Steam keys to be sold on other services at no cost, a good long term strategy to increase your customer base :)
It doesn't discourage me from buying on GOG. I plan on buying NO Mans Sky on GOG rather than Steam. I am not a big fan of Steam. I was until I had trouble with a game that had to have an online connection and couldn't seem to connect. I got zero support and Steam claimed my trying to start the game ( which it would not do since it couldn't find my internet connection ) was "playing" the game. End of story, you played, go F yourself, was Steams attitude. I lost most of my respect for Steam at that moment, and would rather buy games elsewhere.
Faenrir: I have question regarding the privacy settings. While i understand the need for this to have the account set to public...i really dislike having my account as public. So is there a way to get this working without it or do i have to keep it that way ?
I would like to be able to put it back to private but i understand it would make you unable to check for those games on my steam library in the future...
Is there a workaround possible ? Or have you guys even thought about that issue ?
Nicole28: You only need to set your account public when you wish to "connect" and add games from Steam to GOG. After that you can switch it back to private. Then, in future, when you need to "connect" (if GOG has more games added), do the same thing again. Steam is not connected to GOG. They can only check when you "call" for them to check. In other words, this "check" only happens when the Steam API makes a request (like refreshing your account on GOG connect).
Actually, adding to Faennir's question, FAQ #3 in the Connect page now says explicitly that "Setting your Steam account to Private after connecting will not cause your games to be removed", so you can rest assured that you can revert back to private or friends only.

Later we'll see if it's like Nicole28 says and we have to switch again to public every time they add new games. The way GOG is using the Steam API is confusing me.
misscrabtree456: It doesn't discourage me from buying on GOG. [...[ I am not a big fan of Steam.
So I already had you covered when I added "(for those who don't mind using Steam of course)"
Several days of trying and nothing but connection timeouts, you need to remove the time limits if you lack the ability to implement a working system.

In Australia using Firefox.

So i can't post a new topic without gog trying to "process an image", even though there are no images attached to the topic...

Does anything here work properly??
Post edited June 05, 2016 by cracker109
has anyone got it to work yet?
Hehe, I have no problem buying games multiple times.
I bought Etherlords like 4-5 times already :D that game. Except on steam, beacuse I don't want to support steam.
pingu53: has anyone got it to work yet?
Yes.
Took a while.

Some things I've notice from other posters, that if you've organised your steam library with different folders they're might not be detected.

At what point are you getting stuck? Does it link? has it showed you the games but not transfering them?
mcferson: No no no !!!
If i am on GoG it's NOT to have any concern with these damned thieves from Valve !
Souldrifter: Seriously? I really hope this is sarcasm. If not, I have a tin foil hat you can have.
Seriously what ?
90% of steam prices are beyond GoG's and they believe that $1 = 1€. But it's NOT. And they have DRM AND stupid refund option AND they never control their games quality (eg : early access on abandonned games...). And i dont speak about that GoG often release soundtrack and bonuses for the same price, while steam not for more expensive.
And, yes, seriously, i don't see interest by linking my GoG games to my Steam account.
Seeing it in each other, but unable to use DLC from one to other ? Meh !
If you have a real strong argument to convince me, give it to me, i sincerely want to understand.
Souldrifter: Seriously? I really hope this is sarcasm. If not, I have a tin foil hat you can have.
mcferson: Seriously what ?
90% of steam prices are beyond GoG's and they believe that $1 = 1€. But it's NOT. And they have DRM AND stupid refund option AND they never control their games quality (eg : early access on abandonned games...). And i dont speak about that GoG often release soundtrack and bonuses for the same price, while steam not for more expensive.
And, yes, seriously, i don't see interest by linking my GoG games to my Steam account.
Seeing it in each other, but unable to use DLC from one to other ? Meh !
If you have a real strong argument to convince me, give it to me, i sincerely want to understand.
The $1 = 1€ argument is a little outdated at this point. With VAT it's definitely pretty much equal these days.

Also, what's stupid about their refund system? With Steam's refund system you can download and play the game for almost 2 hours and still get a refund no questions asked. If you download it on GOG the game needs to be broken to get a refund and you'll have to work with support to fix it before you'll get one.