It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Searching for old games / identifying new releases of old games takes forever on this site. I posted about it several months ago and was told if I mess around with the web address I get to use old tags which will reveal actual old games again. Honestly, I'm not going to do this. I also thought it was just a transitional period.

If the site needs to become something else to stay afloat, that's fine. That's the way the world works, but i'm in the dark as to what direction it's heading. Can someone shed light on this? I feel like I should be transitioning over humble bundle at this point. The DRM thing I don't care about, but i'm aware thats the main pull for most people, not just the old games.

*EDIT*

I just got my answer from a post made by GOG back in 2011.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_archive/gog_coms_plan_for_the_future_gets_some_news

"don't think about us as "Good Old Games"; think of us as "GOG.com""
Post edited February 13, 2019 by retrobizarro
A roadmap for GOG looks approximately as follows:
https://i.imgur.com/5i3hmjQ.jpg
I would suggest you used MaGOG
www.an-ovel.com/pages/magog.php

You can ask it to list games added to the GOG catalog in the last year that were originally released more than 10 years ago, for instance. It is a tool every GOG user should use.

A perfect case of an upstanding community member doing GOG's work for them (and covering their shortcomings).
Gede: I would suggest you used MaGOG

You can ask it to list games added to the GOG catalog in the last year that were originally released more than 10 years ago, for instance.
That would produce no results.
zeogold: A roadmap for GOG looks approximately as follows:
https://i.imgur.com/5i3hmjQ.jpg
Wish i could give you Reddit gold for this
Post edited February 10, 2019 by Linko64
retrobizarro: The DRM thing I don't care about,
It always baffles me utterly when anyone here says that. I mean, why even be here at all in that case? That's literally the entire point of GOG, it's only possible advantage.

Then again it's a thread from yesterday answered by a post from 2011, so perhaps looking for any logic here is a silly idea to begin with.
Post edited February 10, 2019 by Breja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awu7g7eQbdc
I hope GOG brings in a nice amount of old games this year. Quite a few important ones are still missing.
Breja: It always baffles me utterly when anyone here says that. I mean, why even be here at all in that case? That's literally the entire point of GOG, it's only possible advantage.
People still longing for the old games. Just like some people still longing for the Galaxy-free days. :)
Breja: It always baffles me utterly when anyone here says that. I mean, why even be here at all in that case? That's literally the entire point of GOG, it's only possible advantage.
Grargar: People still longing for the old games. Just like some people still longing for the Galaxy-free days. :)
Hey man, my days are still Galaxy free.

You can ask it to list games added to the GOG catalog in the last year that were originally released more than 10 years ago, for instance.
Cavalary: That would produce no results.
Well... true. I notiece it was reporting games added this year, such as Sunless Skies, so I erroneously thought the "ban" had been lifted. Thank you for correcting me.
Gede: Well... true. I notiece it was reporting games added this year, such as Sunless Skies, so I erroneously thought the "ban" had been lifted. Thank you for correcting me.
That one was in dev since 2017, so technically added before the new limit.

You can ask it to list games added to the GOG catalog in the last year that were originally released more than 10 years ago, for instance. It is a tool every GOG user should use.

A perfect case of an upstanding community member doing GOG's work for them (and covering their shortcomings).
Thank you. I had a quick go with it:
"Release Date no later than 1/1/13"
"Addition Date no earlier than 1/1/17"

97 results.

Then same for 2018: 2 results.

Hopefully i'm using it right. I think i'll stick to using this from now on. Very transparent and useful.
Post edited February 11, 2019 by retrobizarro
retrobizarro: Thank you. I had a quick go with it:
"Release Date no later than 1/1/13"
"Addition Date no earlier than 1/1/17"

97 results.

Then same for 2018: 2 results.

Hopefully i'm using it right. I think i'll stick to using this from now on. Very transparent and useful.
See above. MaGOG does not list games released after 2017 (and the cutoff date was moved there just recently), in protest for GOG selling a game with microtransactions, as in Gwent (initially the cutoff date was the Gwent launch date). Those 2 are exceptions, one because it was actually added in 2017, as in dev, and the other because it was free.
Cavalary: See above. MaGOG does not list games released after 2017 (and the cutoff date was moved there just recently), in protest for GOG selling a game with microtransactions, as in Gwent (initially the cutoff date was the Gwent launch date). Those 2 are exceptions, one because it was actually added in 2017, as in dev, and the other because it was free.
Ah, that's not so good then... I just assumed GOG went ahead and stopped with releasing old games altogether.