It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The annual event celebrating the Czech and Slovak games is here on GOG and with it comes a Weekly Sale filled with outstanding games made in these countries with special deals up to 90% off.

Play games like ARMA: Cold War Assault (-80%), Project Hospital (-50%), and BLACKHOLE (-80%) before the sale ends on November 21st, 11 PM UTC.

Also, take a moment to visit the official website of the event.
high rated
To the forum! (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. *

• $0.79 • -80% • El Matador
• $0.79 • -80% • UFO: Aftermath
• $0.79 • -80% • UFO: Aftershock
• $0.99 • -80% • ARMA: Cold War Assault
• $0.99 • -80% • Original War
• $1.39 • -80% • UFO: Afterlight
• $1.49 • -70% • Samorost 2
• $1.69 • -90% • Feudal Alloy
• $1.79 • -80% • BLACKHOLE
• $1.99 • -80% • ARMA: Gold Edition
• $2.99 • -70% • CHUCHEL
• $3.89 • -70% • CHUCHEL Cherry Edition
• $4.49 • -70% • Machinarium Collector's Edition
• $4.99 • -75% • Samorost 3
• $4.99 • -75% • Vaporum
• $4.99 • -75% • YesterMorrow
• $5.74 • -75% • Samorost 3 Cosmic Edition
• $6.99 • -65% • Creaks
• $8.04 • -65% • Creaks Collector's Edition
• $8.79 • -33% • Happy Game
• $8.99 • -50% • Vaporum: Lockdown
• $9.99 • -50% • Urtuk: The Desolation
• $12.49 • -50% • Project Hospital
• $13.49 • -25% • Sacred Fire: A Role Playing Game
• $15.59 • -22% • HROT
• $21.24 • -15% • Lords and Villeins
Post edited November 14, 2022 by ciemnogrodzianin
Really surprised Kingdom Come is not included in this.
Maybe some day Spellcross shows up there...
Or those forgotten blobbers?
Or Vietcong and Kameleon?

@ up
or Inquisitor for that matter
Post edited November 14, 2022 by SpecShadow
Really missing the greeatest mindf**k I ever played
https://www.gog.com/en/game/someday_youll_return

Was hoping someone else would play it and explain things to me. I even contacted the dev and asked but he did not want to give away everything and wanted people to keep interpreting.
idbeholdME: Really surprised Kingdom Come is not included in this.
It was on Halloween sale just 2 weeks ago, perhaps they want to wait Black Friday or else.
MarkoH01: Really missing the greeatest mindf**k I ever played

Was hoping someone else would play it and explain things to me. I even contacted the dev and asked but he did not want to give away everything and wanted people to keep interpreting.
Damn, that sounds so good that the developer should put it on the game page, I really want to play that game now, but wishlisted for now. Thanks!
I like the location themes but it seems pointless with so few games. It just looks like not many games are developed there, or if you know there are that GOG doesn't have many of them. My suggestsions:

* Make these location themes events not just sales, particularly now that there is a "show only discounted" checkmark they should include all games GOG has from that location

* Make two categories, one for developed (50%+ of developers from that area) and a second for the publisher or 10-50% of developers from that area

* Also tag the games so they can be found by developer location at any point, then the event could just show games with that particular tag (featuring some that are on sale)
last year
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/8_games_you_didnt_know_were_made_in_czech_republic_and_slovakia_fb005

some retro magazines
https://www.oldgames.sk/casopisy/

two warm blankets 🇨🇿 🇸🇰

Děkuji!
Attachments:
Post edited November 15, 2022 by user deleted

It's tagged as adventure, FPP, horror. Does it have actual puzzles like a real adventure game or is it more of a survival horror game with light adventure elements?
Bring here Spellcross GoG and you not need to care about more Czech & Slovak games anymore:)
MarkoH01: Was hoping someone else would play it and explain things to me. I even contacted the dev and asked but he did not want to give away everything and wanted people to keep interpreting.
How you put it doesn't sound very appealing honestly. It's not hard to make twist story that doesn't hold the water and conceal it with "interpret on your own" claim, but usually it's just cheap and lazy way to sell plot holes or pure nonsense as feature.
There is a Slovak game I was obsessed with and I own in physical edition, I loved it. Spelcross: The Last Battle. A mix between a Warhammer game and Panzer General. It was the first game develped by Cauldron If I am not wrong. I remember the Amazing music.

At some sort it was a rarity. Thematically and technologicaly. An horde of Fantasy creatures similar to those in Warhammer use a portal to invade earth and we are involved in a war mixing magic vs modern armies. A game from 1997/98 running under DOS originally and supporting 1024x768 resolution.

Another rarity was that the patching versions were inconsistent between the international versions and Czech/Slovaks versions being the latter ones more up to date but untranslated and even with windows port. And probably later fan patched.

The game would fit perfectly for GOG. In Spain the game was published by SCI.
Post edited November 15, 2022 by Gudadantza
MarkoH01: Was hoping someone else would play it and explain things to me. I even contacted the dev and asked but he did not want to give away everything and wanted people to keep interpreting.
ssling: How you put it doesn't sound very appealing honestly. It's not hard to make twist story that doesn't hold the water and conceal it with "interpret on your own" claim, but usually it's just cheap and lazy way to sell plot holes or pure nonsense as feature.
A bit is explained in the game but at least one question still puzzles me which in fact happens in the first seconds. It is a thin line to get from lazy writing to good storytelling without explaining everything and I guess everybody has to decide for their own when it is what. I really enjoyed the game and also liked those things that ARE explained ... it is just this last thing that does not let me go ... and I even replayed it immediately to see if I might have missed a thing ...

my name is anime catte: It's tagged as adventure, FPP, horror. Does it have actual puzzles like a real adventure game or is it more of a survival horror game with light adventure elements?
It is much exploration and it also has some classic adventure elements along with "nature puzzles" (hard to describe without spoiling). Sometimes it feels like a walking sim but there are also some stealth parts in which you can actually die. What captured me the most was the surealistic atmosphere while the surroundings are mostly based on real areas ... and of course the big mystery.
Post edited November 15, 2022 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: It is much exploration and it also has some classic adventure elements along with "nature puzzles" (hard to describe without spoiling). Sometimes it feels like a walking sim but there are also some stealth parts in which you can actually die. What captured me the most was the surealistic atmosphere while the surroundings are mostly based on real areas ... and of course the big mystery.
Sounds like it would appeal to me, I'll wishlist!