It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After the human civilization is long gone, it’s time to see if your society of "lumberpunk" beavers will do any better. Timberborn is coming soon to GOG.COM! Discover a city-building game featuring ingenious animals that turn timber into sophisticated machinery, buildings, and monuments.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Not the first beaver-based citybuilder coming to GOG recently. This one seems to be more my cuppa, than the "replay with lots of permadeath and try again" one.
mqstout: Not the first beaver-based citybuilder coming to GOG recently.
Just curious: which one was really first?
mqstout: Not the first beaver-based citybuilder coming to GOG recently.
Mirrorio: Just curious: which one was really first?
Against the Storm

I've played the demo about 20 hours, pretty good and looking forward to the release.
Aw, thanks!

I'd be glad to try it too - although to the naked eye, Against the Storm's both game facebook pages are pretty much dead...
Looks interesting
Mirrorio: Aw, thanks!

I'd be glad to try it too - although to the naked eye, Against the Storm's both game facebook pages are pretty much dead...
Eremite Games are active on discord, if that's your thing

https://discord.com/invite/2HfJGQG

Timberborn looks great, probably insta buy for me.
Those beavers are very cute and they use explosives, looks fun.
mqstout: Not the first beaver-based citybuilder coming to GOG recently. This one seems to be more my cuppa, than the "replay with lots of permadeath and try again" one.
Fuck perma-death in city-building games, that game mechanic has been a constant plague infesting indies...
TZODnmr2k5: Fuck perma-death in city-building games, that game mechanic has been a constant plague infesting indies...
Exactly. I tried the demo. There's no good reason for it, and the "replay start over with new enhancements next time" is just not good. There's no rationale for it. Your first few plays are artificially limited just because you haven't died yet to unlock certain key new buildings.
aww so cute, even spotted a little beaver !! Only if they swim though, just completed endless legend in content so more money spending is not advised unless well founded
Hmm, spotted Beaver art in the trailer, hopefully Beavers rock, too!
(I can easily imagine rock-solid, rock''n roll beaver fellas)
TZODnmr2k5: Fuck perma-death in city-building games, that game mechanic has been a constant plague infesting indies...
mqstout: Exactly. I tried the demo. There's no good reason for it, and the "replay start over with new enhancements next time" is just not good. There's no rationale for it. Your first few plays are artificially limited just because you haven't died yet to unlock certain key new buildings.
Yeah, it's pretty much a slog-through, so pointless in a city builder I can understand a true rogue set in a dungeon, but not this rotten trend of infecting every single genre with perma-death, the die, start over, die, start over again game mechanic gets dull real fast!

Particularly when the game balance is set to guarantee easy deaths! (I don't know about this game in particular, but every rogue-shite that I played has it!)
That one (the demo at least) feels way more like an RTS than a builder to me. I hope this one is better, but I'm a bit worried about the "how long your colony can last" part. Personally, I want builders to be relaxing not challenging. It looks like this one takes some ideas from block'hood without being excessively veritcally focused.
mqstout: Your first few plays are artificially limited just because you haven't died yet to unlock certain key new buildings.
Indeed, such restrictions are just annoying. Hopefully this one will be better. The description sounds good.

The game has a MacOS version, but unfortunately no Linux version. Why?