It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So we all know that Cyberpunk 2077 had something of a "Battlecruiser 3000 AD" type development, where anything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

But it appears to have been going wrong for over a decade. As even before development was rebooted, there was already an entire herd of buggalos to juggle.

But more interestingly, is that it appears the game was an entirely different beast back in 2013, as the footage linked above shows.

What do you think?
I can't think of anything but someone need to step in and discipline the employees and slap some sense in the management branch to create structure and order in the workplace. This level of incompetence in how to manage projects is horrible and should be shamed until progress have been made in the company.

The problems clearly runs deep, i won't watch the videos or read reddit but there have been hearsay that the problems has indeed been going on for many years (not a decade however) and there also was a reboot of the entire project.

Anyway i hope they manage to work out all issues eventually and get back on track.
Post edited June 07, 2021 by ChrisGamer300
Looks like a mix of fakes and ultracrepidarian "hot-takes".
I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove. We all know the finished game wasn't actually finished, are we supposed to be shocked the unfinished game was unfinished?
Breja: I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove. We all know the finished game wasn't actually finished, are we supposed to be shocked the unfinished game was unfinished?
It was an internal montage of things going wrong; a self-awareness that is alarming.
Hahahaha! CDPR, whoever made these videos: Give that man/woman/nonbinary genderfluid person a fucking raise! xD

Great choice in music too! Morricone, Health, the Hot Shots!-theme - good stuff! Kinda makes me wish Cyberpunk was actually a game about man-sized chickens shooting the place up while music from Hot Shots! plays in the background. 10/10
Breja: I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove. We all know the finished game wasn't actually finished, are we supposed to be shocked the unfinished game was unfinished?
I wouldn’t use the term unfinished. Totally unfit for sale, designed from the base up as a microtransaction platform, pulled from big stores, completely different from prerelease footage or promises, are probably better terms. Not to mention inability to support their own sister store in providing pre order downloads (only galaxy), lying to everyone, buying reviews 85% on metacritic with most giving it 100%, or the best thing ever to hit computers). Frankly the whole thing is a disgrace as is CDPR, who incidentally still managed to give the management massive bonuses to compliment this abhoration. I wouldn’t be surprised if EA hasn’t given a big Like to them.
Darvond: It was an internal montage of things going wrong; a self-awareness that is alarming.
Or, more realistically, it was a bunch of bugs captured early in development and put together to keep morale high with a bit of a laugh. Most of the bugs shown seem early in the dev cycle, with very few of those shown appearing in the full game.

Cyberpunk was buggy, but this buggy. There's nothing wrong with workers having a giggle while working, they're not robots nor are they mindless husks. A laugh can go along was. But of course, now it's leaked at a certain media figure (who routinely puts a slant on information to fit their narrative...comparing PLN and costs of Polish living to USD in the most expensive cities in the US for example) are spinning it to be EVILLLLLLL.

There's plenty you can levy at CDPR/CDP and Cyberpunk, but this isn't it, if anything focusing on this overlooks actual issues the game suffered from and the hugely questionable review control CDP exercised.
Darvond: So we all know that Cyberpunk 2077 had something of a "Battlecruiser 3000 AD" type development, where anything that could go wrong, did go wrong.
This sounds like an excuse tbh. CDP obviously did have a lot of incompetent devs working on it. How else can you have four years and tens of milllions of dolllars and end up with such a bad end product. CDP doesn't have the excuse of not having enough time or money. Blaming "bad luck" is not a valid excuse.
Post edited June 07, 2021 by Crosmando
Darvond: So we all know that Cyberpunk 2077 had something of a "Battlecruiser 3000 AD" type development, where anything that could go wrong, did go wrong.
Crosmando: This sounds like an excuse tbh. CDP obviously did have a lot of incompetent devs working on it. How else can you have four years and tens of milllions of dolllars and end up with such a bad end product. CDP doesn't have the excuse of not having enough time or money. Blaming "bad luck" is not a valid excuse.
They made their own engine, they shifted their ideas quite a lot, they cut a bunch of stuff. I don't think you can simply put it down to 'incompetent devs'. Even the worst of games have talented people behind them, there are so many reasons why games come out in rough states or of a low quality. Poor leadership, bad pivots, fundamental changes at wrong/multiple times. Rushing to hit keystones set by investors etc etc