It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The penultimate patch.

It's a major milestone in the development of <span class="bold">We Happy Few</span>, as the penultimate major update drops today!

"Life in Technicolor" will be the last update released during the development period, adding new Joy effects as well as a brand new UI (although not final yet), an AI rework and much more. Today also marks the previously-announced price change, bringing We Happy Few to full price.

Of course, this is not <span class="bold">We Happy Few</span> final form yet, as one more major update is scheduled to coincide with the game's official release date.

You can see more recent news about the update and more on the developers' blog.

publisher : Gearbox Publishing
:(((((((((((((((

* contacting support and ask for a refund *
Post edited August 16, 2017 by Painted_Doll
Is this good or bad? Does it mean it will get pulled within a few days from the shop or does it mean we might start seeing more Gearbox games here? I can understand a developer running out of money and having to resort to selling their IP to a publisher. It is a harsh world out there.
Themken: Is this good or bad? Does it mean it will get pulled within a few days from the shop or does it mean we might start seeing more Gearbox games here? I can understand a developer running out of money and having to resort to selling their IP to a publisher. It is a harsh world out there.
Surprise: http://steamcommunity.com/app/320240/discussions/0/1471968797464567382/ Expect this for the PC version too .
https://compulsiongames.com/en/news/138/we-are-coming-to-xbox-one-pc-and-ps4-on-april-13-2018!
I knew there was going to be a publisher!
Themken: Is this good or bad? Does it mean it will get pulled within a few days from the shop or does it mean we might start seeing more Gearbox games here? I can understand a developer running out of money and having to resort to selling their IP to a publisher. It is a harsh world out there.
There's no IP sale. We've increased the scope of the game considerably, but our dev budget/game scope is so big that we wanted someone on our side to handle publishing. It's a 100% great thing for the game.

Gearbox has been really great, by the way. It's not the same as the Gearbox Software guys, although we like them too. If you want to ask questions about Steve and his team, or Randy, or my opinion on Aliens Colonial Marines, go for it! I'm an open book (within reason).
Nevermind. I don't want to be a jerk.
Post edited August 16, 2017 by yogsloth
Manywhelps: There's no IP sale.
Well that is nice for you at Compulsion :-)

Good luck making a great game! Myself I will play wait and see for a few years but game is allowed to stay on my wishlist.
Manywhelps: There's no IP sale.
Themken: Well that is nice for you at Compulsion :-)

Good luck making a great game! Myself I will play wait and see for a few years but game is allowed to stay on my wishlist.
Well that's mighty good of you. We'll do our best to make sure it's great if/when you do play it.
So why was the reason such a big secret? I have to say that I still don't understand. The game has grown in scope ... o.k. But if this is the only reason for nearly doubling the price why not simply telling so when we asked?
Post edited August 16, 2017 by MarkoH01
As someone who got Contrast as a gift and absolutely loved it from top to bottom, what's for me in WHF?
I saw the trailer once, looks like some dystopian society built into an Orwell-esque concrete jungle and stuff. Cant' deny that it looks pretty interesting.

Oh Intel HD graphics *4evah* btw so I'll probably have to wait a decade or more to boot this game;P
Post edited August 16, 2017 by victorchopin
victorchopin: As someone who got Contrast as a gift and absolutely loved it from top to bottom, what's for me in WHF?
I saw the trailer once, looks like some dystopian society built into an Orwell-esque concrete jungle and stuff. Cant' deny that it looks pretty interesting.

Oh Intel HD graphics *4evah* btw so I'll probably have to wait a decade or more to boot this game;P
Also liked Contrast. Why is Contrast not yet on GOG btw?
Ah so I was right, well what with doubling the price and a season pass I'll definitely wait for a GOTY edition and a 75% off sale.
Gearbox has Homework here already so it's not like they're violently opposed to having games on GoG. Fortunately it wasn't Microsoft which prevented the devs of Shadowrun Returns from releasing their game here initially.