It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The culprit always returns to the scene of the crime.

The Raven Remastered is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% discount until March 20, 6pm UTC. Owners of the original version will receive the Remastered for free.
Featuring remastered animations, lighting and hair, the atmospheric point & click chronicling the desperate hunt for an elusive master thief, returns for one last bow.

Note: Getting The Remastered edition also gives you the classic version as a bonus goodie.
CharlesGrey: And just when I finally started playing the original version a few weeks ago! How significant are the changes/ improvements of this new version? I'd rather not download it again and start over, especially if they only improved the visual quality. ( I thought the game looked fine. ) Still, the free update is appreciated!
BreOl72: While I can't answer the question regarding the changes/improvements, for obvious reasons, I'd say play the original.

If they would have worked some of the technical flaws over, I would definitely recommend to download the new version, but re-download only for shinier graphics? Not worth the hassle.

And - unfortunately - it seems, the only improvements were made in the graphics department.
There are some issues, when it comes to steering, where improvements would have been more necessary, imo.
Thanks -- Yes, I think I'll stick with the original version. So far I didn't encounter any noteworthy issues, and the graphics still seem fine, especially compared to the various much older Adventure games sold here.
ThomNG: Enjoy your free Remaster Update if you already have purchased The Raven on GOG! Or enjoy the 25 % discount on the new version if you are new to the franchise :)

Cheers
blotunga: Thanks! I knew you guys were one of the player-friendliest publishers out there :)
So glad they´ve bought up DeepSilver---good times for DRM-free gaming are to come. :)
A tad belated, but cheers a bunch for the free remastered version, plus for still offering the original one!

MarkoH01: [...] still sad that this seems to be impossiblefor Darksiders II [...]
Why impossible?
HypersomniacLive: A tad belated, but cheers a bunch for the free remastered version, plus for still offering the original one!

MarkoH01: [...] still sad that this seems to be impossiblefor Darksiders II [...]
HypersomniacLive: Why impossible?
Start here and continue two posts later with GR00Ts reply who tries to explain it a bit.
MarkoH01: Start here and continue two posts later with GR00Ts reply who tries to explain it a bit.
Cheers, missed it at the time. Would like to hear whether it's technical or other issues; too bad nobody followed up.
MarkoH01: Start here and continue two posts later with GR00Ts reply who tries to explain it a bit.
HypersomniacLive: Cheers, missed it at the time. Would like to hear whether it's technical or other issues; too bad nobody followed up.
I asked THQNordic the question about the "missing" original DS2 version so often that I was just glad they finally at least answered it at all. I am pretty sure that they would not have answered additional questions. What they do in most cases is posting once to tell us "Enjoy the game." to attract potential buyers. You won't hear much more from them in most cases. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate THQNordic bringing their games here but it would be the icing on the cake if they would also talk a bit to the community.
Post edited March 17, 2018 by MarkoH01
HypersomniacLive: A tad belated, but cheers a bunch for the free remastered version, plus for still offering the original one!

Why impossible?
Yeah, I still can't quite understand why they can't just add 4 simple files for people like in this pic:
Attachments:
MarkoH01: I asked THQNordic the question about the "missing" original DS2 version so often that I was just glad they finally at least answered it at all. I am pretty sure that they would not have answered additional questions. What they do in most cases is posting once to tell us "Enjoy the game." to attract potential buyers. You won't hear much more from them in most cases. [...]
Yes, I'm aware of their M.O.

MarkoH01: [...] if they would also talk a bit to the community.
Hmm... perhaps it's THQNordic that GOG take their cue from?
X-com: Yeah, I still can't quite understand why they can't just add 4 simple files for people like in this pic:
Ask them. Wait for the next THQNordic game to arrive and with a little bit of luck you will find a post by Thom saying "Enjoy our newest release.". With even MORE luck he might answer this - but unfortunately I doubt it.
Thanks Gogs!
CharlesGrey: And just when I finally started playing the original version a few weeks ago! How significant are the changes/ improvements of this new version? I'd rather not download it again and start over, especially if they only improved the visual quality. ( I thought the game looked fine. ) Still, the free update is appreciated!
I just compared the beginning of the game. The diffirences seem to be subtle but really visible and it's mostly light effects which let the game feel more real. It also seems as if the savegames are compatible so you might switch ingame (of course I cannot guarantee this though).
RadonGOG: So glad they´ve bought up DeepSilver---good times for DRM-free gaming are to come. :)
Oh, I'd forgotten about that! I know DeepSilver has some adventure games their stable. Wasn't Mystery Files Tunguska theirs? It wasn't the best game, but good enough if you're a fan of the genre like me.
Post edited March 18, 2018 by SirPrimalform
nick187: Is there a review on this game ? [...]
HeartsAndRainbows: There are still the archived GOG reviews* for the original The Raven ­ Legacy of a Master Thief. As far as I understand it they remastered only the animations, lighting and hair. So story and sound are still the same as in the original. Information about those will still be relevant - comments on graphics, performance and bugs (if there were any) are obviously not that useful, though...
I still hope this helps. :)

* Unfortunately, you have to copy and paste the link manually because GOG's premium forum technology will butcher the link to archive.org:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170128024802/https://www.gog.com/game/the_raven_legacy_of_a_master_thief

[Edit:]
Added one link for easier browsing; left the text and the second link unedited to avoid confusion. Thanks to HunchBluntley for the workaround.
Thank you very much.
Anybody know if claiming a code for the old version still gives the Remastered or was that a limited time thing, it wasn't mentioned anywhere that it was for owners at release only.