It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Science is NOT compliance.

ELEX is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
A vast post-apocalyptic RPG, crafted by the creators of Gothic. In a unique world where science clashes with fantasy, control of a mysterious resource, which grants people special powers, is being contested between warring factions. Pick a side and move around the open world with your handy jetpack, fighting terrible creatures and witnessing the land change based on your decisions.

Grab the Digital Extras and delve deeper into this intriguing universe.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited October 17, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
Quick Review, first thoughts while playing:

Movement and Fighting (melee only sofar):
player movement is laggy, push movement key then character moves a moment later
blocking/parry seems broken, or maybe I am bad at timing
dodge rolling left and right works "fantastic" back dodge has far less movement.
attacking movements are slightly laggy, hit attack key, animation starts a quick moment later
melee feels like a patched Gothic 3, not like Risen

Bug: "use quick slot" stuck on screen after first fight and wont go away no matter how many times i use it.

Graphics: looks fantastic, love the art style and how everything feels

Music: another plus, they did wonderful on this

Voice acting: quite good, far better then some of the other ventures I've played from PBytes

Sound Effects: this was surprisingly good, everything sounded perfectly, fully immersed in the world though sound. Only issue is the voices seem capped at a low amount, will need to hunt though config for that.

Starting over in hopes the screen notification bug doesn't come back. And now i have some melee practice and have a feel for the movement it should go far better. Hope that bug doesn't come back :(
Just a few questions:

1) In Galaxy it says "Updated 25 days ago". Does that mean the version 1.0 which we can download now is already available to GOG staff for 25 days and whatever bugfixes were done during the past month are not included yet? Many initial reviews say the game is still quite buggy and not polished. Can we expect an update soon?
2) Seems there is no digital manual available for download. That is a first for Piranha Byte games at GOG. Is the in-game tutorial sufficient to learn the basics?
3) When will the Elex sub-forum be available?
high rated
ChrisSZ:
Many initial reviews say the game is still quite buggy and not polished. Can we expect an update soon?
Hmm, the Elex game card says it's been polished…
Languages:
Audio and text: Deutsch, English, polski. Text only: español, français, italiano, русский
I want to see me some reviews on this bad boy. A sci-fi outing from the Gothic guys sounds pretty sweet, and maybe has the potential to scratch an itch left behind by Tabula Rasa and Anarchy Online. But Gothic also had issues with bugs, poor performance, and a general feeling of emptiness. Somewhat MMO-like, for both good and bad. I have faith, but not 60 bucks worth of faith. Throw in some confidence building data and now we're getting somewhere.
wishlisted.

but again. good god.

if you're going to sell the "digital extras" separately, PLEASE just bundle them up and call it the "digital deluxe edition" or something.
It's close to midnight Midnight now...

UPDATE:
Melee is pretty good, once you get the system its fantastic (im a filthy casual btw)
--TIP: turn off auto target and make it manual (X) key it makes combat very fun and increases mobility
Ranged is done well, there is an initial auto target, full auto target and free target mode.

It took a little getting used to but the lag in attack feels natural now and the timings were not hard to get used too.

As for the bug well, I drank all my potions to fast, it was part of the tutorial... I am having a blast and loving how interactive everyone is, the world feels alive... and that MUSIC <3 <3 so beautiful and so far I have yet to want to turn it off... everything fits perfectly and it help when creatures aggro you, the tempo and cadence change is perfect!
Post edited October 18, 2017 by Starkrun
One of these days I'll actually play one of their games. Gothic 1-3 & Risen 1-3 are still sitting in my backlog.
mistermumbles: One of these days I'll actually play one of their games. Gothic 1-3 & Risen 1-3 are still sitting in my backlog.
I bet you say that to all the games. ;)
high rated
lostwolfe: wishlisted.

but again. good god.

if you're going to sell the "digital extras" separately, PLEASE just bundle them up and call it the "digital deluxe edition" or something.
Why? Isn't it easier to only offer two products? The game, and the extras. Otherwise we'd get the game, the "deluxe" version, and the upgrade containing only the extras, for owners of the basic version. That's what they're doing for many other games, and it just clutters up the store with different versions and upgrades.

Of course, I think at this price point for a digital game release the extra stuff should already be included. *shrug*
Post edited October 18, 2017 by CharlesGrey
This game is fantastic!
Post edited October 18, 2017 by seb0l11
Hi,

first impression: Very nice, feeling immediatly "at home".
BUT:
Key binding is not fully free .. or buggy
I play an ASD X keyboard movement (S = forward. X = backward) since years so it is hard for me to change

And it is not possible to bind X to amovement key, Ugly.

I shortly checked the XML files in order to change it there, but did not find an entry.

Does someone know, how to change this setting ?

Thanks

Grunzi
Let me cite worthy RPG Codex here:

From Gothic origins, it has Risen. ELEX!
Many Piranhas, it has Byten. ELEX!
Chop up robots with a sword, in ELEX!
Fire a laser rifle at an orc, in ELEX!

More Eclectic than Age of Decadence. More Lavish than Underrail. More Exhilarating than Divinity: Original Sin. More Xenial than Witcher 3. Join the cult of ELEX! today, for just $49.99 on Steam or GOG.
:D

CharlesGrey: Of course, I think at this price point for a digital game release the extra stuff should already be included. *shrug*
It's something new that the first release does not contain all the available goodies for the full price... :|
Is the day one patch already included?
Question - I didn't get around to playing my copy last night but I'm curious about the language side of it. Was the game developed in English or German? Traditionally PB games have been developed with German as the "original language" and translated (sometimes rather poorly and stodgily) into English. If that's the case here, I'll need to set my PS4 to German...
Sub-forum is available now.

https://www.gog.com/forum/elex#-62169992008