It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Science is NOT compliance.

ELEX is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
A vast post-apocalyptic RPG, crafted by the creators of Gothic. In a unique world where science clashes with fantasy, control of a mysterious resource, which grants people special powers, is being contested between warring factions. Pick a side and move around the open world with your handy jetpack, fighting terrible creatures and witnessing the land change based on your decisions.

Grab the Digital Extras and delve deeper into this intriguing universe.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited October 17, 2017 by maladr0Id
Starkrun: A: Combat is fine once you get a nice shield/sword and some skills... i can successfully fight a human one on one with a 2 hander, animals with a shield... and use my bow to take out most things prior to engagement. once you turn off autolock or use it when needed (X on off, and Z,C to swap) it becomes far easier. I also hated the combat, felt it was clunky and unwelcomed, now i enjoy it, and all it took was some practice and points in the right skills :)
Are there any skills or attributes that increase speed or agility in combat? I'll be taking a closer look at them soon, but I haven't played much since posting. I have two levels worth of points to distribute. Coming from the ARPGs I mentioned, I'd rather spend them for better mobility than higher damage.

Starkrun: B: I play on the same setup, but use mouse nad keyboard, with highlighting on its super easy to tell apart everything, i keep it off for immersion. its a lot of "looking around" just like any other RPG or most bethesda title.
Yeah, but in Bethesda games I can look around in first person. ;)

I didn't mean to imply it was a terrible game, just that I have some gripes, the clunky combat being the most significant. Crossing my fingers for a patch that makes Jax actually move like his life depends on it.

Also, have they announced any plans or timetable for patches? Might wait to play more if significant patches are coming soon.
Post edited October 24, 2017 by SeduceMePlz
GR00T: If you're updating through Galaxy, it's usually incremental, as far as I'm aware.
"Usually" is the catch, though. I've seen Galaxy "patches" bigger than the base game, and for every little update of the game. Which is kinda infuriating when talking about a multi-GB recent game with near weekly updates like "Dreamfall : Chapters"

This was last year, though, and it forced me to disable the auto update for all big games, so I don't really know where it stands now. Maybe it got better?
Kardwill: This was last year, though, and it forced me to disable the auto update for all big games, so I don't really know where it stands now. Maybe it got better?
Not sure, as I do the same thing for all games. And I just started using Galaxy, so don't know if it's better now or not. Interestingly enough though, it was Dreamfall Chapters (and Titan Quest) that prompted me to do this.

*edit* On a side note, the patch is now available, just in case anyone's still wondering (I didn't get a notification that the game was updated).
Post edited October 24, 2017 by GR00T
AlienMind: Somebody said "Many initial reviews say the game is still quite buggy and not polished" so I'm wondering myself if that's the case :)
GR00T: Ah, I think that's more people being overly critical/not critical enough. I've seen the same thing with many games. But it depends on what people do in-game (different players may approach situations in different ways so that while one may find a bug at a certain point, another won't). As well, what someone may consider an intolerable bug may not even bother another player.

I played a bit of it at GOG HQ before release and found it was a bit rough from the polish viewpoint, but I didn't encounter any bugs. Granted I only played a couple hours though.
There was only one crash I had with the game, close to the end actually but just skipping that sequence would allow me to finish the game without crash :^)
So how is this game been since launch?. Patches?. Improvements?. Seems to be pretty popular among goggers and gog reviews seem mostly positive (that rather large download though......)
Niggles: So how is this game been since launch?. Patches?. Improvements?. Seems to be pretty popular among goggers and gog reviews seem mostly positive (that rather large download though......)
It's been patched a couple times and I believe it's at the same patch level as Steam right now. I finished the game a while ago and really liked it. I'm a big fan of PB games though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :)
The Steam version has achievements, but it looks like the GOG version does not?

I don't even like achievements, but if one version has a feature that another does not have...