It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gallop fast - it will only last 48h!

UPDATE: The giveaway and voting have expired. Thanks for participating, everyone!

Mastering <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade</span> is a challenging yet hugely rewarding experience. To celebrate this art, developers TaleWorlds Entertainment have invited 20 dedicated warriors to The Battle of Bucharest, an esports tournament with an abundance of kills and skills. To celebrate the event, start by grabbing Mount & Blade for FREE in the next 48h, then complete your collection with the <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade Series Sale</span>, while you watch those titans clash.

Taking place in Romania's beautiful capital, the tournament is a great opportunity for 20 accomplished players to showcase their moves in Mount & Blade: Warband and test themselves against some fierce competition. You can watch them compete in the studio's official <span class="bold">Twitch Channel</span> on Saturday and after the show you will have the chance to vote for the Best Skills Award - Audience Choice. Make sure to participate, because voters will have the chance to win Mount & Blade hoodies and GOG copies of Mount & Blade: Warband!

Best known for their groundbreaking combat, sandbox gameplay, and gazillions of available mods, these action/RPG games have earned a strong following throughout the years. If you are looking to become a part of this community, this is your chance: grab the original Mount & Blade for FREE within the next 48 hours, then <span class="bold">get the rest of the series</span> for 75% off until May 21.

Learn more about this event <span class="bold">here</span>.

Mount & Blade is FREE until May 21, 1 PM UTC.
The Series Sale will last until May 21, 10 PM UTC.
mwnn: Not sure why people are complaining?
Vythonaut: Well, it's the internets, what did you expect? Seriously, GOG definitely has a problem with those mails - no denying in that - but it's a freaking freebie and some folks just got unlucky and missed the opportunity; it's not like it is the end of the world especially since it's a game they were clearly not so much interested in (because otherwise, i guess they would have already bought it at least in one of the previous sales). Instead, people who have never used the forum before, just come here to whine instead of simply introducing themselves and kindly asking for a spare gift key.
This.

Yes. It's indeed strange. It was a freebie. There might be a problem with emails (I received mine halfway into the giveaway), but honestly I don't depend on the newsletter, not on GOG, not on any other platforms. And then the news post was put up within hours of the start of the Giveaway. It had a prominent banner on the homepage, there were articles on PC Gamer, GameSpot, Destructoid. Anyone who spends a little time on the site would have noticed it. It feels really strange that GOG is being criticised after giving away a game for free.
high rated
Hey everyone,

Apologies for the late newsletters - it was actually not our intention, it was a mailing bug, and it didn't go out to the entire mailing list. If you happened to be one of those affected, please get in touch with our Support team - and attach a screenshot of the email you received that, if at all possible, includes the time you received the email - and we'll sort this out. Sorry!
mwnn: Not sure why people are complaining?
Vythonaut: Well, it's the internets, what did you expect? Seriously, GOG definitely has a problem with those mails - no denying in that - but it's a freaking freebie and some folks just got unlucky and missed the opportunity; it's not like it is the end of the world especially since it's a game they were clearly not so much interested in (because otherwise, i guess they would have already bought it at least in one of the previous sales). Instead, people who have never used the forum before, just come here to whine instead of simply introducing themselves and kindly asking for a spare gift key.
This.

It's sad to see GOG being criticised after giving away a game for free. There may be a problem with the emails (I received mine halfway into the giveaway), but then I try not to depend on the newsletter. The new post was put up within hours from the start of the giveaway. Then there was a prominent banner on the homepage, there were articles on PC Gamer, GameSpot, Destructoid. It is understandable that one might be a little downcast if they still missed this excellent giveaway. Still it was just a giveaway, an added bonus from TaleWorlds and GOG.

EDIT: Sorry for repost. For some reason I couldn't see the earlier post and thought that it had failed. :p

EDIT2:
fables22: Hey everyone,

Apologies for the late newsletters - it was actually not our intention, it was a mailing bug, and it didn't go out to the entire mailing list. If you happened to be one of those affected, please get in touch with our Support team - and attach a screenshot of the email you received that, if at all possible, includes the time you received the email - and we'll sort this out. Sorry!
+1
Maybe this will sort things out. :)
Post edited May 22, 2017 by bhrigu

Perhaps you should make an official announcement on your social platforms too, maybe even consider sending out a follow-up email - I assume that the people depending on the newsletter to be informed of the giveaway, are not exactly those wandering the forum with any frequency to catch your post. JMO

On a different note - do you really love your captchas that much, or is this a facebook default? If one doesn't allow javascript by default, they now have to fill out one to access your facebook page.
How is it that i get an email for this today and not during the sale?

Thank you for this, I have submitted an email to your support link.
wxrance: How is it that i get an email for this today and not during the sale?
Read the blue post, only 3 posts above yours.
bhrigu: EDIT: Sorry for repost. For some reason I couldn't see the earlier post and thought that it had failed. :p
It's an ancient forum bug. AFAIK, this can happen any time one's post is the first post on a new page. It usually becomes visible to the poster after several minutes, or after someone else posts.
GOG.com: Gallop fast - it will only last 48h!

UPDATE: The giveaway and voting have expired. Thanks for participating, everyone!
MaxRock: Frauds
Yup, frauds. Trying to cheat people out of a game they offered for free! It's the swindle of the century!

Evil_Geoff: I wish I could afford an attorney to bust a law-suit on GOG for false advertising. You don't start a "48 hour" giveaway or contest, and not announce it until it is more than half-way over. That is about as bogus as bogus gets.
Dude, why limit yourself? Forget the attorney. I'd write directly to the United Nations and the European Court of Human Rights. This has got to stop!

--
Only now read the comments. Seriously, GOG as usual dropped the ball here, and I would be annoyed too if I received an email of an offer too late, but... it never ceases to amaze me how people can act like entitled pricks when something free is offered.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by ZFR
Can I still get the free game?
Attachments:
l1k3m1k3: Can I still get the free game?
If you contact Support, then probably. If you just post in this thread, then maybe not. ;)
I have just received this at 1:54 am 2017-05-23

GOG.com Team <newsletter@email.gog.com> Mount & Blade for FREE and up to -75% on amazing strategy and adventure games

I click on the link and the event is already over. It's ok I have plenty of other games to play, so not a big deal. I do like to received this email a bit sooner though.

It's always a pleasure to support good developers and support drm free games, keep up the good work GoG.

Peace! V
l1k3m1k3: Can I still get the free game?
HunchBluntley: If you contact Support, then probably. If you just post in this thread, then maybe not. ;)
You have to submit a ticket with our Support team and attach the screenshot to that. Thanks.
HunchBluntley: If you contact Support, then probably. If you just post in this thread, then maybe not. ;)
fables22: You have to submit a ticket with our Support team and attach the screenshot to that. Thanks.
You replied to the wrong person. ;D
Hmm, it seems the server gremlins ate my post...

I still have a free code for Mount & Blade. If anyone missed the freebie, you can contact me via chat or answer to this post.