It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Liberté! Égalité! Spécialité!

<span class="bold">Tooth and Tail</span>, a grimly satirical RTS about organized animal cruelty, is coming soon, DRM-free, to GOG.com.

Time to break the (food) chains! The War for Meat has thrown the animal kingdom into upheaval and everyone is out to subdue and consume their opponents. Customize your faction and lead an army of aggressive fuzzballs through procedurally generated maps to burn, gut, or blast the other woodland creatures into gooey pixels. Then you can go online and brutalize your friends' furry pets, unless they're willing to swing by for some couch split-screen play.

Watch the hairy trailer.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
immi101: why are you so fixated on using a useless stub library?
How hard can it be to disable the code using galaxy in the source code of the game and compile it without galaxy.dll ?
shmerl: Stub allows avoiding messing up the code with conditional compilation entries. I really don't like those.
so your argument boils down to "I don't like #ifdefs" ? then better don't look at 90% of the code out there ;)
immi101: so your argument boils down to "I don't like #ifdefs" ? then better don't look at 90% of the code out there ;)
Looking at it may be necessary, it doesn't mean you need to like it ;) It's not that ifdefs should be always avoided - they can be useful when there is simply no other way and there are some diverging paths for sure. It makes the code convoluted though without doubt.
Post edited July 19, 2017 by shmerl
ajschatz: Just wanted to follow up on this. I wasn't aware that the Galaxy client wasn't ready on Linux, so I'm afraid we won't be launching with Linux on GOG. We will be on steam and probably Humble, but I know many ppl here are die hard GOG folks, more power to ya. For now, I suppose you'll have to decide whether you are more of a die hard Linux fan, or die hard GOG fan :)
Well, I'm a DRM-free fan (Linux does that to people, itself being "free as in free speech") and thus, Steam isn't an option for me. Humble might be, but that raises the question why you consider releasing the game there, since Humble doesn't have any community client like Steam or GOG Galaxy at all.

If you meant "Steam keys sold in the Humble store" however, then we're back to Steam being not an option.

You'll get my money when T&T is a) free of DRM, b) not dependent on any community client, and c) available for Linux. Until then, I wish you all the best for your project. Thanks answering our questions to the best of your ability at this time.
Tooth and Tail now has Crossplay confirmed for Gog, Steam and PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ICZxTxtx0
Matruchus: Is the Linux version going to be released on gog too?
ajschatz: Just wanted to follow up on this. I wasn't aware that the Galaxy client wasn't ready on Linux, so I'm afraid we won't be launching with Linux on GOG. We will be on steam and probably Humble, but I know many ppl here are die hard GOG folks, more power to ya. For now, I suppose you'll have to decide whether you are more of a die hard Linux fan, or die hard GOG fan :)
But you don't need Galaxy support, players can download the game from their website until Galaxy is released for Linux, which will happen. Is there something I'm missing here.
Mygaffer: But you don't need Galaxy support, players can download the game from their website until Galaxy is released for Linux, which will happen. Is there something I'm missing here.
Actually its very simple. The developers did not create a non Steam dependent Linux version of the game. They are using Steams Linux libraries to run the game. Gog currently does not provide the same service and does not seem to have the expertise to develop them. While gog did state sometime ago that they are working on it but its still a longtime to go. Consequently majority of Linux releases will not come to gog cause of Galaxy/gog Linux libraries delays.
Mygaffer: But you don't need Galaxy support, players can download the game from their website until Galaxy is released for Linux, which will happen. Is there something I'm missing here.
Matruchus: Actually its very simple. The developers did not create a non Steam dependent Linux version of the game. They are using Steams Linux libraries to run the game. Gog currently does not provide the same service and does not seem to have the expertise to develop them. While gog did state sometime ago that they are working on it but its still a longtime to go. Consequently majority of Linux releases will not come to gog cause of Galaxy/gog Linux libraries delays.
No, it's because their multiplayer focus doesn't allow them to, as it's possible only through Galaxy.
Plokite_Wolf: No, it's because their multiplayer focus doesn't allow them to, as it's possible only through Galaxy.
That is true but they are also using Steam Linux libraries which is the reason why there wont be any singleplayer Linux version of the game available for download from gog since gog can not offer Linux services to devs yet. Its the same as with all the other singleplayer Linux games that cant get released here.